325i + Total Airhead = ?
Apr 22, 2007 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Forest Design

100+ Head-Fier
they currently have their Total Airhead Amp and the Grado 325i as having a 4 to 8 week and 2 to 4 week (respective) availability time. do any of you have experience with them shipping faster than the stock availability times or am i better off paying a bit more through some other vendor?

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Design /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they currently have their Total Airhead Amp and the Grado 325i as having a 4 to 8 week and 2 to 4 week (respective) availability time. do any of you have experience with them shipping faster than the stock availability times or am i better off paying a bit more through some other vendor?

No, the wait time is availability + shipping.

However, the Airhead clear is in stock, so you can get it within a week, depending on your shipping. I'd say it's better to buy the 325i off another vendor if you don't want to wait that long.

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #3 of 6
next question, i guess would be is that a good amp for the 325i given that i liked it paired with the Headamp AE-2 and TTVJ Millet-Hybrid the best of any i heard. I don't expect to get that sort of quality, but that's just to give an idea of what type of sound i'm looking for. Basically, I'm worried that maybe the Total Airhead will produce background hiss from overpowering the Grados, is that a valid concern?

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 6
Don't worry, dap's have more hiss than this amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 6
That can change, when i bought my Total Bithead it was 4-8 week availability , i asked by e-mail they said maybe next week, i ordered and finally was send the week i ordered it
cool.gif

I don't say it's always like that, but he can go fast sometime

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #6 of 6
alright, so i discovered that TTVJ had the same discounted price on the 325i and so i bought it through them. they didn't list a time frame availability, which i took to mean it was available now, but maybe it retrospect i should've inquired first, hmm...

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go through with the Total Airhead purchase, but i might linger on that a bit. hard to pass up for that price, though i wish i would've heard it in action...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back