320kbps VBR vs 320kbps CBR MP3's?
Dec 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #31 of 34
Thanks for all the help provided so far, you guys are very helpful
smily_headphones1.gif

So, am I to understand that Exact Audio Copy would be one of the best methods for encoding from CD's, whereas Razorlame would be one of the best for just for other files in your hard drive?

Also, it should be possible to encode a 320kbps CBR into an VBR, right? If so, I must be doing something wrong, since I am attempting to encode a file to VBR through razorlame and it does not appear to work, despite having set the options to do so.

My lame options are: -b 320 -m j -V 0 -B 320

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #32 of 34
Do not transcode a 320kbps CBR file into a VBR file. Though it is indeed possible, transcoding from one lossy format to another leads to a degradation of audio quality and the possibility of artifacts appearing in the audio. If you want to use VBR instead of CBR, go ahead and re-rip the audio from the CD so as not to lose any quality. Hope this helps!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #33 of 34
Hi hope all had a great Christmas
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to do the test I mentioned above but am having trouble finding an online entry for the 320 cbr lame command line that is recent (i.e. posted this year), so am not sure the ones I have found are right.

Could some one do me a favour and post up the correct current command line for cbr 320 lame so I can get this test running please?

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi hope all had a great Christmas
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to do the test I mentioned above but am having trouble finding an online entry for the 320 cbr lame command line that is recent (i.e. posted this year), so am not sure the ones I have found are right.

Could some one do me a favour and post up the correct current command line for cbr 320 lame so I can get this test running please?

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

It can be something as simple as:

Code:

Code:
[left]lame -b 320 <input-file.wav> <output-song.mp3>[/left]

here are the man pages listing other options:
lame(1): create mp3 audio files - Linux man page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back