32 OHM Headphone advice please.
May 3, 2015 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rdb1

Head-Fier
I am in the market for my fist proper set of headphones. I like the look of the beyerdynamic dt770, understated and not flashy. As I mainly listen to music on my laptop or spotify on my iphone. So I like their range. Can I change the pads on the dt770?

My other question is what else could anyone recommend in the £100 - £150 mark please.

May 3, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 13
I have done a bit of research and they seem okay for what I need them for. But I have seen a paid of Sennheisers which are open which I like the look of they are the 650 HD. Do you know what Amp I would need for them?

May 3, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 13
  I have done a bit of research and they seem okay for what I need them for. But I have seen a paid of Sennheisers which are open which I like the look of they are the 650 HD. Do you know what Amp I would need for them?

What is the source of your sound that will feed to this amp and then to your new cans?

Hopefully you are aware that the HD 650 is an open can, which means it will leak some sound and not isolate well.

May 3, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #9 of 13

What is the source of your sound that will feed to this amp and then to your new cans?

Hopefully you are aware that the HD 650 is an open can, which means it will leak some sound and not isolate well.

Yes I am aware the HD 650 is open. I was thinking of a Fiio E18 

May 3, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #10 of 13

Yes I am aware the HD 650 is open. I was thinking of a Fiio E18 

What I asked is: what will be the source of your music/sound?  DAP?  Cell phone?  Some kind of computer?  CD deck?  Turntable + phono pre-amp?

The next step after that is do you want a desktop or portable amp, and what is your budget for that?

May 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 13

What I asked is: what will be the source of your music/sound?  DAP?  Cell phone?  Some kind of computer?  CD deck?  Turntable + phono pre-amp?

The next step after that is do you want a desktop or portable amp, and what is your budget for that?

Sorry, iPhone 6 with Spotify and my PC. I also have a Cambridge CD4 and Kenwood KA 3020 and Gale 4 Speakers which where given to me. 

I would want something that I could use with my PC and iPhone, I was thinking of a Fiio as they have very good reviews

May 3, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 13
OK--I'm not a portable amp/DAC guy.  However, I can tell you that the DT 770 is very large and not designed for portable use.  If the 32 Ohm cable is the same as that of the 250 Ohm version, then it is much too long for portable use and terminated in 1/4" unbalanced male plug.

May 3, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #13 of 13
  OK--I'm not a portable amp/DAC guy.  However, I can tell you that the DT 770 is very large and not designed for portable use.  If the 32 Ohm cable is the same as that of the 250 Ohm version, then it is much too long for portable use and terminated in 1/4" unbalanced male plug.

If I can put in it a case of some sort then its fine. A long cable would not bother me too much 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back