32 gb Sony X1000 only in Canada...NO 16 GB available.
Jun 7, 2009 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jussa Audio Dude

Head-Fier
Talked to three Sony Style Stores and they told me the 16 gb is not releasing in Canada...only the 32 gb.

And the PRICE is 500 dollars PLUS tax.

This might change sometime, but as of right now, no 16 gb is coming I was told by three different stores.

I am buying off Amazon US as soon as I can, and a relative of mine is going to bring it across the border for me...it will cost 440 Canadian, no tax, so I think this is the way to go for me. 16 GB will only be 320 Canadian, but I think I will keep this DAP for awhile, so I might as well get 32 GB

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 12
Geez, thats expensive ... i am going to get 32gb as soon as show on Amazon .. !

I got iPod Touch 32, but gonna get this one too .. i just wonder is there will be some line out mod already !

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 12
totally agree guys, I thought they were joking when they told me 500 bucks. Maybe futureshop or bestbuy will sell it cheaper, and they always have coupons, but personally I CANNOT WAIT to have the X1000 in my hands, all the reviews make me have tears of joy, and can't wait for the FX500'S from Japan...thanks to Shigzeo's thoughts about that iem!

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 12
Jun 17, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 12
it really is NOT coming, I just asked two more sony stores...only 32 gb for Canada.

Get it from Amazon if you have a relative to send or bring it to you.

I can't wait til I get mine.....my Mom is bringing it over July16th...woohoo!!!!

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #10 of 12
I just bought a X1060 from a fellow headfier that is in mint condition. I saved quite a bit as compared to the ridiculous price that sony Canada is selling it for. I also have a S639 and the X1060 sounds significantly better. Instrument separation is the first thing that I noticed that was much improved. The sony will continue to exist in the audiophile community at least due to the nature of it's SQ. I'm not a fan of corporate giants but whichever player has the best SQ will win out in this community.

Jun 18, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #11 of 12
If I lived in Canada still I would be pissed! But probably still buy it. lol

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a X1060 from a fellow headfier that is in mint condition. I saved quite a bit as compared to the ridiculous price that sony Canada is selling it for. I also have a S639 and the X1060 sounds significantly better. Instrument separation is the first thing that I noticed that was much improved. The sony will continue to exist in the audiophile community at least due to the nature of it's SQ. I'm not a fan of corporate giants but whichever player has the best SQ will win out in this community.

Congrats on the purchase. I have one as well. Compared to the A829 I think the first thing I noticed was the larger soundstage, it seems to surround your head more so than the 829 which is a little more associated with your ears. Bass is cleaner and deeper as well. I also love how the highs are smooth yet so detailed. The X is less 'digital' sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back