32 gb CF card at newegg!?!?
Jan 23, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseD13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, does anyone know if this would work in a D2?

It will work about as well as shoving a semi's engine into a pinto.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 9
Jan 23, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #4 of 9
I dont even have a d2 lol....

O well, i figured that SD was probably smaller than CF, but even still, it has to be encouraging to see 32gb cards of any type on the market... soon we'll have 16gb micro sd and 32gb sd then i would suppose.....

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 9
There are 32gb sd cards and 8gb sd micro and they are currently working on 16gb sd micro.

Also, if you can open up the D2, then any CF should work.
Like how people mod their Zen micros by taking out the HDD and putting a 16gb CF in there.

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, if you can open up the D2, then any CF should work.
Like how people mod their Zen micros by taking out the HDD and putting a 16gb CF in there.

no, the only reason that worked is because the players started out with hard drives - which means they used a standard connector to access the storage. players like the d2 that are flash always (to the best of my knowledge) have their memory chips soldered directly to the board. there is no connector to plug the CF card into.
Cowon iAudio D2 Disassembled

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, the only reason that worked is because the players started out with hard drives - which means they used a standard connector to access the storage. players like the d2 that are flash always (to the best of my knowledge) have their memory chips soldered directly to the board. there is no connector to plug the CF card into.
Cowon iAudio D2 Disassembled

exactly.

there have been mods that have made HDD players into flash players. there's a popular thread at Riovolution on how to do it to a karma, and there are several resources on how to do it to an ipod as well (at least the older generations)

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #8 of 9
the price and availability raises the questions of how much it costs wholesale and how long until they package 4 of these chips onto one die and fit into a notebook (even a bundle of 6 costs less than the ssd bto for macbook air, at 224GB vs 32GB!). sizewise, one cf card is about 5% of a 2.5" hd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back