311 aging well
Jun 27, 2001 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jaghouse

100+ Head-Fier
So I thought this band was toast when the sub-par Transistor was released. The "sell out" nightmares have ceased, as Soundsystem and the new From Chaos albums are definate thumbs up. If you want to see em live... no prob.-- they're always on tour.

Jun 27, 2001 at 5:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Ok I probably don't know 311 as well as you, but I can say I don't really like their newest single for some reason. Was Transistor considered a sell-out album? I remember liking some songs from that CD like "beautiful disaster" and I think the title track. Anyway, this is just my ramblings and like I said I'm no hardcore fan.

Nov 23, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Whoa, bringing back a thread from the Dead...

I'm a big fan though. Just wondering; now that Evolver has been out for a while, what does everyone think? That album was a definite departure from earlier styles IMO, but I liked it. Are they aging well, or are they past their prime?

And FWIW, Transistor had some excellent songs on it (Beautiful Disaster, Use of Time, etc.). Perhaps not everyone's favorite album, but I don't consider it a disappointment.

Nov 23, 2004 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Soundsystem is definitely my favorite album, i haven't been listening to the band lately though, maybe i'll check em out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back