30th November Evening - Mini Meet in Bank, London
Nov 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #61 of 90
Hi Mr Q,

I hope to see you on the 30th, I have some ideas to talk about regarding the weekend i do not know wether it will be good or bad i will wait and see then, but i am getting to the point already where i cannot wait for the 30th.
Is this wrong as i get the date for the wifes c section on the 29th but more interested in the meet.....oh am i in trouble now?

I will try and get this USB dac to borrow, suit case getting larger all the time also trying to see if i can blag the new Stax 507's as well.

See you all then

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #62 of 90

You literally made me laugh out loud. re...

Quote:
Is this wrong as i get the date for the wifes c section on the 29th but more interested in the meet.....oh am i in trouble now?

ElectroMod

If you hadn't had a drink then you are either trolling or you need to look up Displacement 
also see Avoidance Behaviour
Any consultation will be done over a pint... after the meet
tongue.gif

My gut tells me to be patient. Let's see how this pans out before planning anything else. I've got a feeling you are going to be busy 
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #63 of 90
[size=10pt]Ok MrQ if you think that bad here is the next bit…[/size]
[size=10pt]it’s officially I am moving into the dog house not only have I got in trouble [/size]
[size=10pt]for being more interested in the meeting more than the wife’s c section I have also [/size]
[size=10pt]forgot the 30th is also the wife’s birthday.[/size]
[size=10pt]So if I am limping a bit when you see me at least you do not need to ask.. [/size]

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #64 of 90
Interested in this meet if I can get a day off work. 

Could bring all my portable gear

SR-71A, UE-11 (Not that they'd be any good to anyone) SM3, UE-700, UE-Superfi 5Vi..

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #65 of 90

Quote:
[size=10pt]Ok MrQ if you think that bad here is the next bit…[/size]
[size=10pt]it’s officially I am moving into the dog house not only have I got in trouble [/size]
[size=10pt]for being more interested in the meeting more than the wife’s c section I have also [/size]
[size=10pt]forgot the 30th is also the wife’s birthday.[/size]
[size=10pt]So if I am limping a bit when you see me at least you do not need to ask.. [/size]

blink.gif

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #67 of 90
Hi Guys,

Steve (Ste) and myself would like to come to this meet.  We both went to the Manchester meet last year and really enjoyed it.  I can get there around 6.30ish and will bring:

DT 880s (600 ohm), FIIO E7 & E9 and a laptop.

Steve will be posting shortly.

Ade

Nov 23, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #68 of 90
Hi Guys,

It looks like i can bring the new Stax 507's as well as my Omega's, all i will need is a source as i am coming in on the train due to the lack of Car Parks near the meet. I do hope the weather hold off and not of lot of snow until after the meet.

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #69 of 90
Did a drive by on the Counting House this evening....Is Thursday pay- day in the city?     This is a very busy boozer in the heart of the London,    full to the brim with bankers either crying in their beer or celebrating bonuses depending on their abilities...They were noisy!!!      We'll find out how good our headphones are at cutting off the outside world?      Looked like an atmospheric venue.    I drove by mainly to see if there were any car parks close but I couldn't see any....I'll keep working on this.
Do we have any idea about the power point situation as it sounds like quite a few people are coming with a fair bit of gear?     Any body know about this?       
My Hippo Shrooms have just arrived from Uncle Wilsons....I'll bring them along incase anybody's interested to hear these low cost supposed giant killers....I've not  listened to them yet....I think I'll give them 24 hours on repeat Primal Scream and see what they make of that?        Looking forward to tuesday....see you there.

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #70 of 90
We did one before there - it's fine. Early in the week its pretty quiet and we have a closed room booked.

There are a few plug sockets in the room if I remember rightly but I think it would be a good idea for anyone who has multiple plug adapters to bring them.

Nov 25, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #72 of 90
No...I liked the venue,    it's always good to see people letting off steam after a days grind....I'm sure you're right it'll be quieter on a tuesday.

Thanks for the update on the car parking...

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #75 of 90
I sold my DACmagic a long time ago, and didn't have a source with a line out at the time (or now) to compare it with as I just sold my S:Flo 2 (which like the DACmagic has dual WM8740s). I THINK Lecky has a V-Dac I'd like to compare it to, but IDK if he's coming or not.

All you gotta do when you get it is install the older software (you can find it in the thread) and then connect it, and choose the output, and you're set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back