30th November Evening - Mini Meet in Bank, London
Nov 9, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #31 of 90
I'd go if it wasn't a Tuesday, work gets in the way.... Haven't been to a meet in years...

J

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #32 of 90
Well I haven't got anything in my calendar so I'm up for it unless something major comes up. I'll most likely bring:

- AKG K601
- AKG K518
- Graham Slee Solo SRG
- iPod Classic 6th gen

Quote:
Well the D90 will be my first proper camera...only used and entry-level digital compact before, and my phone.
Here's some stuff I managed to get from my HTC Hero: http://p4zp47z.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--4

I doubt it'll take you long to get to grips with it, and the meet up will be the least of what you end up taking pictures of with it :p 

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #34 of 90

Quote:
Well I haven't got anything in my calendar so I'm up for it unless something major comes up. I'll most likely bring:

- AKG K601
- AKG K518
- Graham Slee Solo SRG
- iPod Classic 6th gen

I doubt it'll take you long to get to grips with it, and the meet up will be the least of what you end up taking pictures of with it :p 

Well I've got some pics already, just playing with the focus atm. I need to actually read the manual now, figure out enabling live view, changing exposure, aperture, white balance and shutter speed settings now.
DSLRs are complicated...

Nice to see a Solo SRG coming, I wanted to try an SRG II but I'll have to just know what to expect with an SRG II from the comparisons I've read when I heard your SRG.

Also looking forward to comparing the K601 with the K702
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #35 of 90

Quote:
Well I've got some pics already, just playing with the focus atm. I need to actually read the manual now, figure out enabling live view, changing exposure, aperture, white balance and shutter speed settings now.
DSLRs are complicated...

Nice to see a Solo SRG coming, I wanted to try an SRG II but I'll have to just know what to expect with an SRG II from the comparisons I've read when I heard your SRG.

Also looking forward to comparing the K601 with the K702
smily_headphones1.gif

I jumped on the SRG wagon before the SRG II unfortunately, which from all impressions seems to be the better unit. I'm considering upgrading to the Linear (I'm hoping for some more impressions though), but that won't be by the time of the meet. I'm also looking forward to a K601 / K702 comparison.

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #36 of 90
Yet another noob:) - I'm interested to come along and have a look/listen - mainly interested in portable / iems; will there be much of that around? Nothing much to bring except my Cowon D2 and q-Jays.

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #37 of 90
JezC

As I'm not driving to this event, most of my kit will be portable gear.

Three set ups will be:

240GB iMod to PV-Cap to Pico Slim
H120 iRiver to iBasso D10 (Blackgate mod)
H140 to Sonosax SX DA-2.

Each of these can run to IEM's very well with the last setup driving full sized cans very well.

Be careful.  If you lust after stuff your wallet will hate you!

My most listened to headphones are the JH Audio JH13 Pros.  I used to let people try and stuff them in their ears, but as they cost just shy of a grand and have a custom fit, I tend not to allow that anymore as I'm not sure it ever gave as good a seal as it does their 'custom' owner.

I'll have some IE8's and some Sure IEMs to try though.

Regards

Sceptre

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #38 of 90
I'm interested in coming along, work permitting.  

I have an iMod, RSA Hornet, Grado SR60's and some Grado 325i's to bring.  

Be very interested to hear the 325i's with some a home amp, as I don't think they sound impressive with my Hornet and so hardly get used.

I know they are a great pair of cans though, so if someone is bringing any gear that would make them shine, I'd be a very happy man.  

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #40 of 90
Guys, bring what you're comfortable bringing but you'd be surprised how much you can fit into a decent sized holdall and still have plenty of room for bubble wrap and padding. Last one of these everyone arrived on foot and we had plenty of full sized cans, amps and sources in attendance. 

Binkobonko - hope you find an amp you like with SR325i there, but I'll bring along my TTVJ flats and quarter-modded comfies - it could be something as simple as pad rolling could bring a new dimension to them.

Nov 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #41 of 90

Quote:
JezC

As I'm not driving to this event, most of my kit will be portable gear.

Three set ups will be:

240GB iMod to PV-Cap to Pico Slim
H120 iRiver to iBasso D10 (Blackgate mod)
H140 to Sonosax SX DA-2.

Each of these can run to IEM's very well with the last setup driving full sized cans very well.

Be careful.  If you lust after stuff your wallet will hate you!

My most listened to headphones are the JH Audio JH13 Pros.  I used to let people try and stuff them in their ears, but as they cost just shy of a grand and have a custom fit, I tend not to allow that anymore as I'm not sure it ever gave as good a seal as it does their 'custom' owner.

I'll have some IE8's and some Sure IEMs to try though.

Regards

Sceptre

Thanks for the response Sceptre.

Fully understand your point re the customs. Would be interested to hear the IE8s and the SA6s if you could bring them (I'm looking to replace my q-Jays and my shortlist is currently Sleek SA7, Earsonics SM3 or possibly customs - [re the wallet the UE Reference monitors sound really interesting]) 

Regards

Jez

Nov 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #42 of 90
I'm a new member but I'd like to try to come to this meeting.....I could  bring what I use to listen.....nice old Technics cd player,   Earmax Silver something or another,    HD650s.    Something in there that disappoints and I would be coming along to listen to alternatives to help me excise the culprit.     Something's for the chop....           Or I could come empty handed?  

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #44 of 90
If I feel brave on the day I might come with a suitcase and bring my Stagedac and Onkyo DNS1. I didnt think about IEMs, but I will bring my W3, JVC FX500, and  Denon C751. It might be a good idea for people to bring spare tips or complys...
Looks like it is going to be an interesting meet...
wink_face.gif

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #45 of 90
Zenpunk,
Would love to hear the Stagedac; that's one of the ones on my wish list. What's the ONKYO DNS1? My google search brought no fruit...

damianryan,
Would love to hear the earmax silver, the closest to a tube amp I ever heard was the hyrbid little bravo.

Great to see there is so much interest in this, really looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back