~$300 IEMs for work
Jun 17, 2018 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ocale

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am not the best at writing forum posts, so I will keep things brief.

I am searching for a pair of IEMs for approximately $300 USD that I will be taking to work, a manufacturing environment, where things get rather messy (coloured inks) sometimes. The plant is slightly noisy, but nothing any ol pair of earbuds don't solve.

At work, I can only have ONE earphone in at a time, if that is important to know.

I have little experience with higher-end headphones, so I am not completely sure of my own personal tastes, though I do know that I value high quality higher frequencies and a "punchier" bass. Below is some links of the types of music I listen to, if it helps:

The only feature I great care about is either wireless connectivity or a removable chord, in case something happens during working.

If anyone would like any more information or anything, please feel free to let me know.

Jun 17, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 11
I think you can consider Sony WI-1000X. It is wireless with Active Noise Cancellation (A.N.C). It is hybrid (One Balanced Armature Driver paired with one dynamic driver) which gives you more details while the bass is not compromised.

Jun 17, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #3 of 11
Hi Ocale,

Agree with Yong_shun, Sony 1000 X, especially the MK 2 would be recommended though I'm not sure about your workplace safety regulations (more information on this would be helpful to narrow your requirements) & someone might 'grumble' as the headphone wouldn't be considered by most to be necessarily advantageous to health & safety but I digress...

Otherwise something like the iBasso IT 01 has a good pricepoint at $ 99 USD with good isolation & excellent sound for its pricepoint & if it sadly gets wrecked or damaged in the line, it is easy to replace plus detachable MMCX cables.

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 11
Jun 17, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 11
I also like the IT01 idea of @PaganDL. It sounds terrific (has punchy bass and good treble extension) and is not so expensive that your heart would be broken if something happened to it at work. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work.

Jun 21, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 11
I also like the IT01 idea of @PaganDL. It sounds terrific (has punchy bass and good treble extension) and is not so expensive that your heart would be broken if something happened to it at work. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work.

Serman005, IT 01 is hard to go wrong in my humble view & I don't think it would, I'm certain you know this but for Ocale's benefit, I will say iBasso customer service is rated very highly.

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 11
Not yet, Yong_shun, not yet but I wouldn't be surprised if there will be.
I believe I confused this with the WH 1000X M2, apologies for the confusion.
No worries! I am just a little excited when I see M2 for WI-1000X :p

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 11
No worries! I am just a little excited when I see M2 for WI-1000X :p

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us though I did see a random clip on the Sony youtube channel about the WF-SP700N.
I haven't looked into this yet but seems interesting enough though can't say I'm interested...but it has potential.

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Don't worry, it happens to the best of us though I did see a random clip on the Sony youtube channel about the WF-SP700N.
I haven't looked into this yet but seems interesting enough though can't say I'm interested...but it has potential.
I tried this small cute gear! not really small but it is pretty good for sport use. The fitting is highly dependent on ear shape. Nice colour!

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #11 of 11
Hi Yong-shun,

So you tried it already, that's good to know.
Just out of curiostiy, who in SG land demos Sony audio gear nowadays?
Not many places in the world outside the US demo much Sony audio gear.

I would be interested to hear your impressions in greater detail as I have been considering a wireless option for active use for some time & options are still limited though I am in no hurry for an outcome.
Yes, I figured the wings would make it dependant on ear shape but I doubt it would be a serious drawback.
Not to go off topic but anything for exercise does not have to have serious fidelity & I personally find that any annoying misconception among many here.
As long as the sound is good for its use, that's all that matters.

Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back