300$ budget. Recommend me the most comfortable headphone with the best audio quality.
Apr 24, 2015 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

illitirit

Head-Fier
Hello friends, I am in the market for a new headphone.

My previous headphone was the audio technica a900x however I did not like how they felt when on my head.

Now I want to buy a new over - ear, non closed headphone.

My budget is 300$.  I will be driving the headphones through my sound blaster Zx sound card which supposedly has a 600ohm headphone out.

Currently around the price range that I see has rave reviews are the hifiman he-400 and the sennhesier 600/650.

Please recommend me some cans and tell me why if you can.  

I think comfort is my top priority followed by sound quality.  I like good bass.  I listen to everything, however I like an emphasis on punchy tight sub bass if this is at all possible.  

thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, the HE-400 has an excelllent bass. A common trait of planar magnetics. But it's quite heavy, but it can be modded and the pads can be replaced with very comfortable ones.

The HD 600/650 has better comfort. Its bass is ok. But, it's no match for a planar magnetic's bass.

I'm in your situation too, but for me, I choose the he 400, if modded, it might even be more comfortable than the senns. Hope this helps you mate.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #3 of 4
The usual suspects Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT880/990, AKG K701. Most good designs are comfortable although there are exceptions. I found the HD595 I once owned to be the most comfortable I have come across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back