$300 at bestbuy - help me out Bose/Sennheiser/Polk
Sep 24, 2014 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dlustig

New Head-Fier
Hey folks, I recently received a $300 gift card to bestbuy and would really like to grab a nice pair of headphones. 

Originally I picked up the Bose qc3's, but they broke after 20 days. and the sound canceling gave me a slight headache.

In no way am I an audiophile, but I would like to get into that category sooner or later.

Right now I'm looking at either picking up the Bose qc3, qc15, or a pair of sennheiser's m500 or m550. What are your suggestions? 300 is my max, and I definitely don't need to spend the whole amount. So if you know a really awesome pair, please let me know! :)

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 8

Right now I'm looking at either picking up the Bose qc3, qc15, or a pair of sennheiser's m500 or m550. What are your suggestions? 300 is my max, and I definitely don't need to spend the whole amount. So if you know a really awesome pair, please let me know! :)

Well don't buy Bose stay away. They will break again and again and again. I would get some Sennheiser Momentums for $300. 

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 8
They should carry the new Urbanites pretty soon I would hope, holding out for those might be better than the Momentums. Bose is the best you can get for ANC & comfort, but that's about all they do well :). If there's a Best Buy nearby with the Magnolia Home Theatre section, check that out. They have some great cans in the one I go to from the $150-$300 range.

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 8
Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 depending on what kind of sound you like.

Bassy Headphones - V-Moda M-100
More balanced - Sennheiser Momentum

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 8
Bose has the best noise cancellation, but if you don't need it noise cancelling then stay away from Bose. Sound quality, value, and durability are quite poor.

Some of the newer Monster headphones are quite good. Most Best Buy stores have headphones on display. The best way to choose is to listen to as many as you can and see which one you like.

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 8
If you are a basshead/huge EDM listener who needs isolation and doesn't wear headphones for longer than 2 hours at a time, I would recommend the HD7DJ as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back