$300-$450 IEM?
Sep 5, 2020 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Sam L

Headphoneus Supremus
Any recommendations for the "best bang for the buck" IEM in this range?

I am partial to the Harman Target, though I also count my er2xr as one of my favorites.

My current most listened to iems:
- ibasso it00
- blon 03
- legacy 3
- ety er2xr

I have an audiosense aq7 inbound and was considering the blessing 2 before pulling the trigger on the aq7.

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 16
For Harman Target sound Moondrop Blessing 2 or a lot cheaper and one of my fav iem Ikko OH10 (V shaped)

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 16
I have Blessing 2 coming in, but so far my modded JVC FD02 are the value kings in my collection. Holding up really well against more expensive IEMs. Modded FD01 or FDX1 should be nearly identical.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 16
I have Blessing 2 coming in, but so far my modded JVC FD02 are the value kings in my collection. Holding up really well against more expensive IEMs. Modded FD01 or FDX1 should be nearly identical.

What if anything is the difference between the FD01/FDX1?

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 16
What if anything is the difference between the FD01/FDX1?
FD01 has 3 Empty nozzles made from different materials, reportedly sounding all the same, FDX1 has 3 stainless steel nozzles, one empty, and 2 with different amount of damping to reduce the upper mids.

method originally developed by James444, as a DIY mod

There have been some QC issues with FDX1, have not heard of QC problems with FD01

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 16
The fdx1 filtered nozzles cut down on the slightly piercing treble of the fd01. Its a great iem. The filters are very easy to make if you don't get the fdx1 model.

To be honest though, having had the fdx1, the Moondrop blessing 2 is in my opinion the king of the 300 range. Without question.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 16
I would go for the DUNU DK-3001 PRO.
They are just exceptional peace of IEM's.
I've had the FIIO FH7's and SENNHEISER's IE80S's but they don't come even close in the race with DUNU's
I was looking at the dk-3001 pro earlier today. Do you recall what the difference was between that model and the non-pro version?

How's does the fit compare with the fh7?

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #10 of 16
I was looking at the dk-3001 pro earlier today. Do you recall what the difference was between that model and the non-pro version?

"Non-pro" and PRO are totally different.
DK-3001 pro is a big upgrade. It's practically 4001 without the zirconium outershell.

Fit is perfect for me. But i use only foams and i'm not too picky with with the fit, so i can't really say which one has better fit.
If i had to choose i would go for DUNU.
The cable is much better in PRO because of the modularity of it. Older model doesn't have it and it costs 150$ if you want it.

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 16

I don't have first hand knowledge about the difference, but I am interested in the Pro version. So what I know is the 3001 is 2-3 years, had some fit issues. The 3001 Pro has been around a year. Sound wise I've heard the Dk2001 is closer to the 3001 but not as sibalant. The Pro is more neutral reference tuning.

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #12 of 16
The fdx1 filtered nozzles cut down on the slightly piercing treble of the fd01. Its a great iem. The filters are very easy to make if you don't get the fdx1 model.

To be honest though, having had the fdx1, the Moondrop blessing 2 is in my opinion the king of the 300 range. Without question.

Blessing 2 over used Final B3 or A&K Michelle? Everyone says Blessing 2, but the hype is scaring me off a bit.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #13 of 16
I haven’t heard the two iems you’re listing, but the blessing two was at least the equal (imho of course!) of the t8ie that I owned.

The only complaint I’ve heard is that the fit is large for small ears. I have normal ears so I have no problems. The hype is real :).

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #14 of 16
Blessing 2 over used Final B3 or A&K Michelle? Everyone says Blessing 2, but the hype is scaring me off a bit.

Quite different tonalities.
Final B3 looks like a warm, mid bass rich IEM
A&K Michelle I didn't find much, but said rich bass, recessed mids, slightly sibilant treble
Blessing 2 more neutral, clear, leaner bass and more upper mid forward

I didn't get my B2 yet but if you like a clean and clear upper mid presentation they would be the natural choice of these 3 IEMs

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #15 of 16

I was also looking at the Blessing 2, but @RikudouGoku says the timbre is a off on it, so I trust his opinion and gave it a miss (as timbre and tonality is more important to me than technicalities), but as usual YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back