30-pin lightning adapter question
Apr 13, 2015 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

500+ Head-Fier
I've been away for awhile, so please send me to the right thread if it's already been answered, but my question is, is there such an adapter (aftermarket or otherwise?) that will fit an ipod touch 5 WITH the case on it, so that I can hook it up to my Ray Samuels SR-71A or sit it on my ALO dock without wobbling problems?  I understand that fit is an issue with ipod covers, so perhaps there's an aftermarket one that someone can recommend?  I am thinking about as short an adapter as possible, for convenience sake.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 4
I can't answer your question, but I would like to take this opportunity to say that I would like to line-up every manager and engineer at Apple that thought the Lightning connector was a good idea, and punch each of them right in the face.

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I can't answer your question, but I would like to take this opportunity to say that I would like to line-up every manager and engineer at Apple that thought the Lightning connector was a good idea, and punch each of them right in the face.

LOL

So true.

It's more of the Apple build their own walled ecosystem mentality. It's why I dislike Apple products. I absolutely refuse to by a tablet, smart phone, or DAP that requires me to install iTunes.

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 4
Pictures I think are needed... 3rd party cases vary greatly, so its impossible to say really what will and what won't work.  For the most part 3rd party 30 pin cables are somewhat standardized in their overall shape and footprint.  Its not like the 3rd party lightning connector market, where sizes and shapes are all over the map.

My wife has 3 different 30-pin cables that she uses between her iPhone 4s and ipod.  FWIW the latest iOS for the phone is VERY nit-picky about what cables it "sees".  I always thought the 30-pin is just a passive, pass-"thru device"... But I don't know now.  My wifes iPhone will not charge with her two generic cables, only her OEM Apple cable works.  While her iPod works fine with all 3 of them.

UGH... its a stupid Apple iOS thing.  She never had this kind of problem until about a 8-9 months ago when Apple became increasingly anal-retentive about 3rd party cables.

I have had similar problems with the increasingly crappy iOS and its acceptance of lightning connector cables with my 5C.... perfectly GOOD  3rd party cables suddenly without warning get rejected by iOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back