30$ MAX
Jan 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

AlbanianBoy

New Head-Fier
I do not know if I am in the good section of the forums for this, cause the site have so many forums and all those things.

So I would like some good speaker (with Bass) for my computer but I would like that if it is 30$ max. (Cause I live MTL and here I have 18%taxes on electronics.

Thank you head-fi.

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 11
You want "good speakers" for 30$?? I'm sorry but that doesn't exist, unless you get really lucky on a pair of used ones, sometimes clueless people sell speakers for a fraction of their real worth.

For just under 70$ you can get this Lepai amp and these Dayton speakers, great value.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #6 of 11
i can have a better budget, but its all about the taxes cause it is 18% so if it cost 100$ it will go 118 with the taxes, if it is 200 = 236 with taxes. i will maybe only go at best buy and look at all of them

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 11
I have to agree with what others have said, for $30 you are not going to find much decent. Sense you mention wanting bass probably any 2.1 system will do. Just find a few under $30 and check which one gets the best reviews on Amazon.

If you did not mention wanting bass I would suggest looking for a pair of USB powered speakers. I had a pair of Logitech Z-5 (now discontinued) before I got my Audioengine A2 that I got for $30 and was actually quite pleased with how they sounded for the price. I believe it was in large part due to being USB speakers, which allowed them to bypass the poor soundcard on my laptop. But sense you mention bass I think a cheap 2.1 setup with a sub would be your best bet.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
i can have a better budget, but its all about the taxes cause it is 18% so if it cost 100$ it will go 118 with the taxes, if it is 200 = 236 with taxes. i will maybe only go at best buy and look at all of them

???
....so you are going to buy only cheap electronics as long as there is the tax?

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
If you are worried about paying taxes, save your money a little and buy a used pair of speakers and used receiver.

Agreed - I put together a VERY good 'vintage' 80's hifi for 25 euros. But it's not exactly desktop friendly.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 11
What are you currently using? If you're coming from laptop speakers, even $30 could make a significant difference. At such a low price, I would look into getting headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back