$30 IEM - 2 day shipping
Nov 7, 2009 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Jozurr

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

Im looking for some decent IEMs for about $30. I was considering the SoungMagic PL-30 for $23 and the MEElectronics M9 for $16.. but they're all taking long to ship... the thing is i need to get them shipped in about 3 days MAXIMUM i.e till tuesday because I'll have it shipped to my friend and he'll bring it to me. I dont live in the US. There is NO way I will have it shipped directly to me or anything so thats out.

Now considering all that, I was thinking of ordering stuff off amazon and avail the super saver one day shipping for an order of $25.

I prefer cleaner "musical" sound more to listen to pink floyd, doors and beatles etc. I have the Sennheisers HD-202s and I like their sound.

The earphones which I saw there were

Sennheisers cx-300 ($19.95)
Altec Lansing UHP326 ($29)
JBuds J2 ($14)
Altec Lansing UHP 606 ($29)

Now i cant decide what to order. I'd appreciate if you guys can help me out fast. I'm open to any other recommendations in the price range etc. thanks.

Edit: please dont recommend anything above $30.

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 40
Bump. People please help me out here.

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 40
The UHP606 are a no-brainer out of that bunch. MaoDi owns them and likes than better than the M9. They have a clean sound. They won't have the punch of the HD202 though.

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 40
The UHP606 are reference earphones and people say they have NO bass? how do they compare to the UHP326 since they're with ultimate ears?

I do listen to trance too sometimes so keeping clean and fun sound how'd you rank all of them?

thanks for the quick response.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #5 of 40
here is this thread...http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/l...-enjoy-423627/. MaoDi also says he ranks the 606 over the M9. He told me better in all respects but they do have less bass.

It might not be a no-brainer since people do like the 326 over the 606. Those who want the bass and don't want the clarity.

They will be like the PL50 having a fun sound with nice detail and clarity. They have less bass but they have better bass and some of the reviewers don't fit them right. You can most of the time ignore the "these have NO bass" as from those who know better.

You as many people may need to adjust. If you use the HD202 a lot you might want to get the 326 and add treble to make them clearer. On the other hand you can bump up the bass on the 606 and still have more speed and detail to the sound.

Limited time and choices so nothing will be ideal. If you know your source you will most likely know which one to go with.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #6 of 40
So you're saying I should go with the UHP606 in all 4?

I found something else too. I could get the KSC-75 for $15.. and then adding JBUDS J2 for $14. Im confused though. What if i dont like the sound of the UHP606? Im not getting more chances to order more earphones anytime soon.

What do you think? how do the J2 sound clarity wise?

I really do like the sennheisers sound and i would want to focus on musical ones instead of more bass.

Really appreciate the help.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #7 of 40
Why don't you get the Koss and these...Amazon.com: Cresyn C230E Iphone Combatible Sound Isolating In-Ear Headphone Earbuds with Unique Water Drop Shape For Superior Comfort (Black): Electronics to add up to get the free shipping.

Then you will have both an isolating pair and an open pair, both portable. The Koss are musical and fun and are a real no-brainer. The Cresyn are comy and you would like them if you like the HD202.

You can't go wrong for $32 with the free shipping.

Edit: I guess you would have to pay a few more bucks for 2-day shipping but it seems worth it.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 40
The cresyns are out of stock at amazon.

Im still searching to either get something for $30 as an iem or two for the price.

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 40
Yes i would recommend the UHP606 over all of those. The clarity is unmatched with the earphones you have listed. Lows are no tthe most powerful, but they are adequate and offers a enjoyable music experience. I find the UHP326 far too dark, and you lose a lot of detail on the HF and HMF. Lows are more powerful, but like i said the overall sound signature is rather dark so the dark plus the more powerful lows you get a presentation that lacks detail and instrumental presentation (unless it's all drums...). Also on a side note, the UHP326 are not with Ultimate Ears, the previous UHP306 and UHP336 were, now it's all AL themselves.

J2's are rather nice, it's similar to the UHP326 but you get less of a low punch and a warmer sound signature. The problem with the J2 was i never got a good fit, no matter what tips i use i never get a seal or even a comfortable fit. But hey, there's the J3 coming out. If you look around on Amazon, i believe you can preorder it. not sure how they sound though, but they do look more ergonomic and built better than the J2.

Nov 7, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 40
IF i can somehow order the RE2 or the M9s.. would those be a better choices?

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 40
I myself love the M9, which i find close to the RE1 level. I haven't heard the RE2's yet, but hey if the M9's are getting to the RE1, then why get the RE2?

I myself find the UHP606 offers more detail throughout the frequency compared to the M9, but the M9 does offer a more powerful low end.

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozurr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IF i can somehow order the RE2 or the M9s.. would those be a better choices?

I have not tried the UHP606, but am a huge fan of the M9 sound-wise and consider them a more well-rounded earphone than the RE2. However, there are known build issues and if you intend to take them with you overseas sending them in for replacement is probably out of the question. Just something to keep in mind. That said, I'm sure Meelec can be accomodating regarding the shipping if you call them up/shoot them an email.

Lastly, the M6 are currently like $29 from overstock, brought down a bit further by bing cashback, which is a stellar deal IMHO. I know nothing about overstock shipping schemes, though.

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #13 of 40
Updated version of the M9 is built a lot better than the first generation =), the cable is marvelous and less microphonic.

Nov 8, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated version of the M9 is built a lot better than the first generation =), the cable is marvelous and less microphonic.

How can you tell which is which?
I think someone has said that there isn't a notch on the nozzle for the M9, but mine has one.

Nov 8, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #15 of 40
If you've got the new cable that's all silvery and nice looking instead of the cheap ones you see on some $10 earphones, then you have the new version. Also, if your's came with a soft pouch instead of a hard case, it's the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back