30 Dollar Earphones
Aug 28, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by doxology /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any other options at this price point? i have heard alot about jvc's stuff including the ha fx66. are they even comparable to the jbl's?

I personnally think the JBL's blow them out of the water. You can find the JBL's on amazon for around 30 bucks, in stores they will be around 80. Honestly I would still pay that, I donno if there is anything better than the JBL's at 30 bucks.

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #17 of 25
The problem with the JBLs is that they provide very little isolation. The whole point for in ears for me is to block noise in noisy environments. JBLs just don't do it.

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #19 of 25
They have vent's in the back so they're open. They isolate a little. More than a fully open headphone, but not as much as people expect for something in your ear. It's also why they don't sound better than other in ears in the same price range.

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by doxology /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so the jbl's don't provide good isolation?

You could try some foam tips on the JBLs. After getting a set of Marshmallows, I tried the spare tips on some other IEMs I had. Those really improved the comfort and isolation.

As to your noisy volume control, that's easily remedied with some Deoxit.

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #22 of 25
Marshmallows are great for their price.

Others I was looking at when I had a budget of $30 (which I extended to $70, then $150, and finally $200 for my new Sleek SA6...long story) were the Denon AH-C351 and Creative EP-630. I don't personally have experience with them, but they might be worth looking at. Denons typically get great reviews.

Aug 28, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #23 of 25
Philips SHE5920 sound really good with surround sound effect and has good bass.

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe the yuin pk3s?

the yuin's are more expensive than $30. and aren't really what i am looking for.

because i want to use them for outdoors they will probably get alot of wear and tear. so are the ones like the jbl's and denons etc fairly sturdy? i am kind of concerned with how the cords will hold up.

Quote:

As to your noisy volume control, that's easily remedied with some Deoxit.

i just noticed that part of your post. does that remedy the issue because its a connector issue or what? i'm not very technical when it comes to that kind of thing. or is it in the volume control and i need to get inside the volume control?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back