3-way IEMs
Dec 13, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 23
I would recommend SE530 over Triple Fi to address the OP's issue.

SE530's are pretty bassy and will blow your head off to ear shattering volumes without breaking a sweat let alone distort. I find that the Triple Fi's will distort if you push them far enough and are slightly less bassy.

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure e500/se530 is 3way.

The e500 are not 3 way they are triple drivers 2 way. One high and 2 low that handle the mid and low.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend SE530 over Triple Fi to address the OP's issue.

SE530's are pretty bassy and will blow your head off to ear shattering volumes without breaking a sweat let alone distort. I find that the Triple Fi's will distort if you push them far enough and are slightly less bassy.

i dont know if the trips should distort spyro, you may have an underlying problem there worth contacting ultimate ears about, they are of very high quality and should take some volume punishment. i do agree the bass isnt as bassy but still as good quality

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The e500 are not 3 way they are triple drivers 2 way. One high and 2 low that handle the mid and low.

you know i always though that the e500 and triple fi had a high driver and two lows but i thought the high driver handled both the highs and mids and lows were dedicated to lows, i could be and probly am wrong but hey i thought if mids were going through the lows they would be disturbed

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know i always though that the e500 and triple fi had a high driver and two lows but i thought the high driver handled both the highs and mids and lows were dedicated to lows, i could be and probly am wrong but hey i thought if mids were going through the lows they would be disturbed

Off the UE website and was confirmed by UE " Duel precision armatures for low and mid frequencies"As far as shure is concerned thier website is not too specific. "three balanced armature drivers—one dedicated tweeter and dual woofers. Additionally, integrated passive crossovers ensure that high and low frequencies remain distinct and defined" No one is too specific about the shures but as the UE 7 pro and ue-10 pro and triple fi do highs on the tweeter and low and mid to the low freq aramatures, one could assume that shure followed the pack in this aspect. Guess I would have to contact Shure to confirm this. Hey I have no problem being wrong so if you could get a chance and call them it would be awsome to know if Shure does it differently than UE.
Back to the OP I would wait for the westone 3 if you must have a 3 way but if not then either the Shure or the UE are quite excellent phones and I feel they would suit your needs completly.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Off the UE website and was confirmed by UE " Duel precision armatures for low and mid frequencies"As far as shure is concerned thier website is not too specific. "three balanced armature drivers—one dedicated tweeter and dual woofers. Additionally, integrated passive crossovers ensure that high and low frequencies remain distinct and defined" No one is too specific about the shures but as the UE 7 pro and ue-10 pro and triple fi do highs on the tweeter and low and mid to the low freq aramatures, one could assume that shure followed the pack in this aspect. Guess I would have to contact Shure to confirm this. Hey I have no problem being wrong so if you could get a chance and call them it would be awsome to know if Shure does it differently than UE.
Back to the OP I would wait for the westone 3 if you must have a 3 way but if not then either the Shure or the UE are quite excellent phones and I feel they would suit your needs completly.

nice one thanks for confirmin dude
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back