3 new SACD'S
Oct 30, 2001 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jeremymayf

Head-Fier
Just picked up 3 new sacd's, Dave Brubeck Take Five, Billy joel 52nd Street, and Telarc Tchaikovsky 1812. Well, just quick impressions here,
the Brubeck-- alot of hissing in the background
billy joel--well done,
Tchaikovsky--hybrid-Telarc--wow!, Cincinnati Pops orchestra--dsd recorded in '78. this is by far the best SACD i've heard (the music itself helps alittle
smily_headphones1.gif
) my only complaint at this point is the digital cannons--while they are striking and thunderous they don't reverbate throughout the hall as i've experienced in performances with real cannons. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Oct 30, 2001 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

while they are striking and thunderous they don't reverbate throughout the hall as i've experienced in performances with real cannons.

Oh, MAN.......you DO have headphones, right? I mean....headphones, concert halls........ there's a difference
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by jeremymayf

Tchaikovsky--hybrid-Telarc--wow!, Cincinnati Pops orchestra--dsd recorded in '78. this is by far the best SACD i've heard (the music itself helps alittle
smily_headphones1.gif
) my only complaint at this point is the digital cannons--while they are striking and thunderous they don't reverbate throughout the hall as i've experienced in performances with real cannons. Otherwise, highly recommended.

I have the Redbook version. Maybe we can do a comparison if we ever have that meeting.

Oct 30, 2001 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Oh, MAN.......you DO have headphones, right? I mean....headphones, concert halls........ there's a difference

he he he, I had a feeling that sounded a bit pretentious when I wrote it, but seriously, the real cannons do echo, even with headphones
wink.gif

Pigmode--for the time being the honolulu meeting is postponed, Vertigo has some ear trouble, squirt has committments and no time, and i gotta admit, my time is crunched by school--too many courses; maybe we can do the meeting in december toward the x-mas break?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back