3 high-tier universal IEMs for a wide variety of genres
May 3, 2012 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

konjikikun

New Head-Fier
I listen to a wide variety of genres. I enjoy listening to ballads, jazzy tunes, and instrumentals the most but from time to time I switch to listening to kpop and jpop.
I have a FiiO E17 portable amp if needed.

I can decide on which one to get out of the following:
- ATH-CK100PRO
- IE80
- SE535

I would like to know what each one differentiates itself from the others and what it excels at doing. Most importantly, which one would suit my taste of music the most.

If there any significant disadvantages, please list them out as well.

May 3, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 6
Have not heard the CK100.

IE8 seemed to have a bit of a muffled midrange and vocals because of its booming bass quantities to me, I don't think it would go well with the genres you listed.

IE8 has booming bass, a bit of a muffled midrange and treble is nice. It sets itself apart as being a very bass heavy iem.

SE535 is perfect for those genres, its lush midrange really brings out vocals, jazzy tunes, instrumentals and pop music well for me.

SE535 has a more controlled and well extended bass, very forward and lush midrange, and a more laid back treble (wouldn't call it recessed). It sets itself apart as being as having what I see is the best and most lush midrange of high tier universal.

May 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 6
If you're gonna pair with E17, the CK100 will offer the best synergy. Its bright and transparent signature with slight emphasis in midrange will pair well with the smooth and full sounding signature of E17. Though with that choice of yours, you might want to consider Westone 4 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back