Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is that key?!

How does he do it?

What a showoff!

It's magic!!!!!
biggrin.gif

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Mar 6, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #22 of 28
I thought way to hard about which color to get, but when a silver and black one showed up cheap, I snagged it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll echo this thread and say get whatever is cheapest. You'll need that extra $300 to go towards a KGSS.
wink.gif

Ω

sweet...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sango /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so the new ones have better connections and more luxurious pads and more comfy headband?

/andreas

Yes and they have much less Stax fart then the previous model but all those changes are said to sacrifice a bit of the sound quality but I'm not sure how much.

Mar 6, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes and they have much less Stax fart then the previous model but all those changes are said to sacrifice a bit of the sound quality but I'm not sure how much.

Stax fart?
Is the sound quality loss a rumour or a fact?

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sango /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stax fart?
Is the sound quality loss a rumour or a fact?

The fart is a high pitched sound (squeal more like it) that the diaphragm makes when air tries to escape the area around the ear since it is airtight. All ESP's do it so some extent but the SR-003 and SR-007 are by far the worst due to the completely airtight designs on the earpads. I believe Stax used some form of a port system in the new SR-007 pads much like the one used in the 4070 to minimize the noise.

Many owners have reported the SR-007A/II to sound a bit different but whether or not they are worse is hard to pin down. I can safely say that the new earpads are a compromise so that will have some effect on the sound.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #28 of 28
Don't think you can go much wrong with either of them.
But this might be the perfect time to score a great deal on an SR-007, since some sell theirs to update to the current model.

/me still love my SR-007BL though, and feel no need to update.
wink.gif

img0131nj8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back