3 degrees of separation game...
Apr 19, 2007 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

rlanger

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, here are the rules:

I'll post two musicians who appear to be unrelated musically. The challenge for you is to connect them by three degrees of separation (six would be somewhat unwieldy, methinks).

Once you are able to "connect the dots", you can continue the game by posting your two musicians to be connected.

Who's up for the challenge?

Ray Charles ---> Nick Lachey

If it proves too difficult, I may provide the first degree to get things going.

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 19
Ok, so it is a little difficult. Let's see what happens if we include the first degree:

Jazz guitar great John Scofield recently recorded a CD entirely of Ray Charles tunes.

Now only 2 more degrees to go to get to Nick.

Apr 20, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 19
One need only one "degree" to link Ray Charles and Nick Lachey - Jessica Simpson was given a pair of Charles' signature glasses just before he passed away!

[EDIT] Just realized that rhymes. Please assume the limmerick was intentional.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One need only one "degree" to link Ray Charles and Nick Lachey - Jessica Simpson was given a pair of Charles' signature glasses just before he passed away!

[EDIT] Just realized that rhymes. Please assume the limmerick was intentional.
wink.gif

Ok, that works too GV! So, you're next. Give us your two musicians.

BTW, John Mayer played on John Scofield's album of Ray tunes. Of course Mayer is now with Jessica Simpson.

Apr 21, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 19
Howlin Wolf performed "Killing Floor" which is the basis for Led Zeppelin's "Lemon Song". Jimmy Page of course was in Led Zeppelin and he toured with the Black Crowes and released a live album with them as well.

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by braker218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howlin Wolf performed "Killing Floor" which is the basis for Led Zeppelin's "Lemon Song". Jimmy Page of course was in Led Zeppelin and he toured with the Black Crowes and released a live album with them as well.

Oooh, you're good!

Ok, so where's your two musicians?

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #11 of 19
Not too sure of the last degree, but would that go :

Delaney & Bonnie had Eric Clapton appearing on one of their albums, Clapton then played as Derek & the Dominos ...not sure about the link from them to Derek Trucks... Took their name from that brand ??

Papy

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #12 of 19
The Clapton part is correct.

Hint: Some other big name guitarist on that record with Clapton. That is the next link (he actually also recorded with Delaney and Bonnie himself, but I am pretty sure it was only one song)

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by braker218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Clapton part is correct.

Hint: Some other big name guitarist on that record with Clapton. That is the next link (he actually also recorded with Delaney and Bonnie himself, but I am pretty sure it was only one song)

Duane Allmann was in Derek and the Dominoes, and also in Allmann Brothers Band, for whom Derek Trucks played......(wiki informed me that Derek Trucks is not a Trucks Brand !!!
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
)

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by papy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duane Allmann was in Derek and the Dominoes, and also in Allmann Brothers Band, for whom Derek Trucks played......(wiki informed me that Derek Trucks is not a Trucks Brand !!!
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
)

Good job.

Ok, now it's your turn to post a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back