3(?) Choices
Jul 9, 2008 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gabej

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

First post but I've read about 30 hours worth of threads, and I look forward to contributing often in the future. I need help selecting the best headphone for me. I think I've narrowed things down to the k81dj's, RP-15MC's, and ES7's.

Here are the things I'm looking for. What would you recommend?
Sound:
Getting a Cowon D2 soon. It's said to be a little cold and analytical. I want a warm, bassy, sounding headphone. I listen to some blues, a lot of singer-songwriter guitar stuff, a little hip hop.

Comfort:
I know the RP-15's a circum, while the other two are supra. I wear glasses with wider temples and have a medium sized head and ears. Which is the most comfortable set?

Isolation and portability:
I'm a teacher and will be using these in the library during my prep. Can't have a ton of leaking outward, but I don't mind if I can hear a little inward (in case the students are calling me names
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't want a huge headphone to carry around or look silly on my noggin.

Which headphone is the most comfortable with the warmest sound to pair with my new D2? Keeping things around $100. Is there a pair I'm missing?

Thank you a thousand times over for your help. This site is awesome.

Gabe

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 8
Yes, I did read that entire thread. It got me looking at the k81dj's and the rp-21's which lead to the rp-15 (a little smaller and maybe a more novice-oriented sound.

On another note, I think I'm looking for a "fun" sounding headphone. That's how I got to the AT's. Which is the "funnest"
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Gabe

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Yeah the ATs are said to be more colored, which you may enjoy. I used to have the K81DJ before giving them to my sister, and I still have the RP-21s. I don't know how the RP-15 or the ES7 sound. I would go with the K81DJs just because they are a tossable headphone, pretty portable (minus long cord), and pretty small. But they can clamp.

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, they are an issue with glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back