3.5mm/USB to 2.5mm adapter?
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zeuta1

New Head-Fier
Hey guys and gals! So I apologize if this IS posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything. Anyways, here's my dilemma:

I'm trying to connect a Blue Yeti USB mic to my Xbox controller so I can use it for chat while using my other headsets that don't have mics for sound. I've searched for an adapter that would take USB from the mic to the 2.5mm jack on the controller, or a USB to 3.5 and a 3.5 to 2.5 chain, but none of the adapters on the 2.5mm side of things allows audio to be sent into the controller. I'm sort of at a loss here, since I really don't want to buy an Xbox headset to chat and hear in-game sounds when the headsets I have are MUCH better quality-wise.

Does anybody know of a cord(s) that would work for this?

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 6
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RH40-Sync-3-5mm-Male-AUX-Audio-Plug-Jack-to-USB-2-0-Female-Converter-Cable-Cord-/160914214732?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item25773c0f4c

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Hey guys and gals! So I apologize if this IS posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything. Anyways, here's my dilemma:

I'm trying to connect a Blue Yeti USB mic to my Xbox controller so I can use it for chat while using my other headsets that don't have mics for sound. I've searched for an adapter that would take USB from the mic to the 2.5mm jack on the controller, or a USB to 3.5 and a 3.5 to 2.5 chain, but none of the adapters on the 2.5mm side of things allows audio to be sent into the controller. I'm sort of at a loss here, since I really don't want to buy an Xbox headset to chat and hear in-game sounds when the headsets I have are MUCH better quality-wise.

Does anybody know of a cord(s) that would work for this?

Really dumb question time.
Why can't you take the USB mic and plug it into the USB port on the xBox?

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Well the chat features of the Xbox are only through the controller, at least as far as I understand it. You can hear other people through either the speakers, headset, or both, but you have to connect your mic to the controller to talk back.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 6
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5mm-Male-to-3-5mm-Female-Stereo-Headphone-Headset-Adapter-Converter-/190865166459?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c7073507b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back