3.5mm to 3.5mm warm cable suggestions.
Apr 10, 2020 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Johnny Golden

Head-Fier
Hi

I've a modified pair of Beyerdynamic T90's which feature a 3.5mm connector. As these headphones are already quite a bright and revealing headphone I am hesitant about going to my normal supplier of of silver and silver plated cables. I'm looking for a 3.5 to 3.5mm cable that is warm with a solid low end but still detailed. My budget for this is a maximum of 100AUD or about 75USD.

So far I've just been looking at the audioquest cables

Thanks
JG

Apr 10, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi

I've a modified pair of Beyerdynamic T90's which feature a 3.5mm connector. As these headphones are already quite a bright and revealing headphone I am hesitant about going to my normal supplier of of silver and silver plated cables. I'm looking for a 3.5 to 3.5mm cable that is warm with a solid low end but still detailed. My budget for this is a maximum of 100AUD or about 75USD.

So far I've just been looking at the audioquest cables

Thanks
JG

I'm just gonna be blunt. You ain't turning a bright headphone into a warm one with cables. EQ, tube amps or get another headphone.

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm just gonna be blunt. You ain't turning a bright headphone into a warm one with cables. EQ, tube amps or get another headphone.

It's not about turning bright headphones into warm ones. I love the general sound signature of them and if I do want them much warmer I'll use my little dot mkii.

All I'm saying is that I have to buy a cable and I would prefer one with a neutral to warm sound signature. Cables will not change the primary sound signature but they do have the potential to both cause and remove sibilance.

Apr 10, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 4
Cables generally don't affect the sound of full-size headphones unless they're defective or unusually high impedance/resistance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back