3.5mm stereo inline jacks?
Feb 2, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #16 of 19
Here's the 30-319-F picture from the catalog, captured from the full page.

Feb 14, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 19
Ok, I finally got my jack/plug yesterday.... Long story but basically They were ordered and shipped the 28th of Jan, got here the 2nd, were "out for delivery" according to the UPS tracking system, then they weren't delivered. I waited till the next day and when they weren't delivered again I called UPS, and an 'investigation' was started. The next day they figured out that they were in Anehiem, CA. Apparently the box was accidentally put on a plane back to California (I live in NY). So I'm talking to them, and I figure it took 2 days for them to fly the box to CA so it should be back here in 2days. Well, no. Because it was originally shipped ground they have to ship it back here ground. So 5 days here, 2 days back, 5 days here = 12 days to ship a 1 lb package.

I understood how the original mistake could happen but I expected them to at least correct it by flying the package back... won't be using UPS again for a while. At least I get a shipping refund for the package not getting here on time.

So anyway... the jack and plug turned out great.. the soldering was not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm using Canare star quad, so I used the blue pair for left and the white pair for right, with the shielding as ground. The shielding was a pain to strip off and get it to a solderable state.

So here are some pics of the finished product:

calrad_stereo_plug.jpg

calrad_stereo_jack.jpg

calrad_stereo_wide.jpg

Feb 14, 2004 at 10:12 PM Post #19 of 19
The female jack is identical to the jacks I got on my Canare Star Quad cable built by Markertek, with the Canare male plug. They do a great job with the termination, and it takes about a week to ten days so to get the job done and the cable delivered. If anyone orders the cable from Markertek, I'd be sure to specify the Calrad female (it is not listed on their site or in their catalog, and they have used Switchcraft female jacks -- I had them redo one cable that came that way).

They give a choice of several colors for the Canare, and will also build with Belden cable if you wish.

The Canare 1/4" male plug is a larger version of what's pictured here, but Canare and Calrad appear to not make a matching female 1/4" jack. Markertek does list Switchcraft and locking Neutrik female jack (I'm waiting for a Canare-Canare-Neutrik extension).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back