3.5mm -> rca
Jun 13, 2007 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

badbadtz560

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know what to look for when hooking a computer up to an integrated amp? All i've heard so far is to get oxygen-free copper. It's going to be mini(3.5mm) to rca (red and white) .. or computer sound card to nad325bee. I'm looking for something under $50.

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 8
A DAC. Seriously, if you can afford $50 on a cable, you can afford something better than your internal sound card's line out. Otherwise, get the cheapest cable you can find that won't break if you look at it funny.

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #5 of 8
so it'd be auzentech prelude + cheap mini -> rca + daq + 325bee + $1k speakers? can you recommend a daq for me in that case? Or would the daq eliminate the need for the NAD325bee integrated amp?

If i'm going to use a daq, that means I can keep my audigy2zs and not worry about upgrades, right? (since the sound quality is completely dependent upon the daq now?)

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 8
If you can solder, get something like a Canare or Neutrik mini plug and a pair matching RCA's, plus some Mogami or Canare starquad and a bit of heatshrink. Figure $9 on the connectors, $2 of heatshrink, plus just under a buck a foot of total cable length, and you will be extremely satisfied.

The Auzentech Prelude should be a great performer......I think Awk.Pine thought you were going to be using onboard sound and not a good card.

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 8
a lot of people just make their own
smily_headphones1.gif

01wholepreviewxl3.jpg

here's a guide I made about how I make this type of interconnect

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 8
i've got a nice job while moochin off of the parents.. so I'm willin to pay xtra for less effort right now
biggrin.gif
thx for the suggestions tho - i'm just really lazy and want to just buy the stuff, plug it in, and play music
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back