3.5mm extension vs. 3.5mm adapters
Mar 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

elito

New Head-Fier
hey guys, did a fair amt of searching on here before creating this thread - will someone pls help me out here - i don't want to continually abuse the headphone input jack on my newly acquired e10 - because i switch between my akg k550's and my 2.1 system (yes i know theres a line out in the back, but i wanted my speakers to also get the amplification and bass boost) so i figured it was time to get an pair of 3.5m extension cables - like 6inch or so. am having the hardest times in trying to find one of those superbly good fancy looking ones that many of you have. so i've come to 3.5m>f adapters now - will SQ in anyway shape or form should decrease if im using an adapter vs. the exntension cable? i figure it shouldn't because they both are just acting as a median to transfer a signal to my headphone or speaker right? i had to ask this because, the adapters are barely $1 vs. 2-3bucks (for premium 3.5mm extension w. 22awg) on monoprice..your input is much appreciated. thanks. this forum is GREAT. i love audio, but wow..after revisiting this forum and follow suit to get my first entry amp, i've learnt to re-appreciate all my music all over.

-Much thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back