3.5mm bluetooth audio receiver with TRRS microphone.
Feb 8, 2020 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fefrie

New Head-Fier
Looking for a bluetooth audio receiver that accepts a TRRS input so that I can use the microphone with my headphones, or conversely, defaults to a built in microphone when used with a TRS input.

Any recommendations?

Apr 27, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Looking for a bluetooth audio receiver that accepts a TRRS input so that I can use the microphone with my headphones, or conversely, defaults to a built in microphone when used with a TRS input.

Any recommendations?

Did you ever find anything that worked for you?
Looking for the same so I can use my frankenheadset of etymotic er2xr and antlion modmic via bluetooth.

Apr 27, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Did you ever find anything that worked for you?
Looking for the same so I can use my frankenheadset of etymotic er2xr and antlion modmic via bluetooth.

No. Next idea is to desolder the mic off of the board, which is usually not very good anyways, and in a poor spot in the first place to pick up any good audio and solder in a female trs plug. For your set up, you'd plug in the audio and mic like an old style pc, and for my built in mic I'd use a trss audio/mic splitter and plug into the same ports.

Not quite yet interested in doing the work in soldering it, but in principle it should be easy. For your set up should be fine, because there are two seperate devices, and two seperate grounds, however with a trss set up on a bluetooth board, they don't always play nice with common grounds so don't want to put the work in.

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 6
https://www.fiio.com/btr3k

from the product page:
"The BTR3K can automatically tell what kind of headphones you plugged into it and adjusts it's output accordingly. And when you plug in headphones with CTIA controls, you can use the microphone as well as the play/pause, volume, and track selection controls."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back