3.5mm 4 pole to 3 pole Y-splitter
Apr 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thebucksstop

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've recently taken delivery of a new pair of Etymotic hf2 IEMs, and loving the sound they give me, even compared to my old ER6is. Anyway, whilst they work great as headphones, and with my mobile phone, I'd like to try and use them with Skype via my PC as well.

The trouble here is that I need a 3.5mm jack Y-splitter cable, that goes from a 4-pole female socket (to accept the headphone jack), to two 3.5mm 3 pole male jacks - one carrying the stereo signal, and the other carrying the microphone signal to/from the two ports on the PC.

Does anyone know of where I can get one of these, or can provide me with info on how to make my own?

Thanks.

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 6
I would really like to find the same thing - am facing exactly the same challenge - would love to use Skype on my Macbook with my HF2... have searched everywhere and can't find this type of adapter (splitter) ... did you have any luck? Does anyone else have any ideas on sources? Thanks!

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 6
Sadly, I never was able to find one. I'm going to make one myself, but have to muster the motivation to get around to buying the bits and pieces (incl. soldering iron) first! The pinout for the hf2 4-pole jack is here (Apple iPhone headphone jack adapter pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru) - from that, it should be possible to create a Y-splitter to a regular microphone 3-pole jack and a stereo headphone 3-pole jack for use with the two computer sockets. If/when I tackle this, I'll update the thread with pinouts and problems etc.

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebucksstop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly, I never was able to find one. I'm going to make one myself, but have to muster the motivation to get around to buying the bits and pieces (incl. soldering iron) first! The pinout for the hf2 4-pole jack is here (Apple iPhone headphone jack adapter pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru) - from that, it should be possible to create a Y-splitter to a regular microphone 3-pole jack and a stereo headphone 3-pole jack for use with the two computer sockets. If/when I tackle this, I'll update the thread with pinouts and problems etc.

Thanks, I've subscribed to it and will keep my eyes peeled. I noticed Etymotic appears to include a similar adapter with their ETY-COM headset. Not the right size, however.

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Hey, did you guys ever find a solution to this? There's one on showmecables.com iPhone Heasdset adapter for Skype & Other VOIP connections F/M/M | ShowMeCables but their shipping is prohibitively expensive so I'm still looking for a fix
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 6
found this thread when i was searching for the same thing and this is the best that i could find with a reputable dealer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07Y0P28603

Users who are viewing this thread

Back