3,5 mm to 2xRCA
Sep 27, 2015 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oshipao

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am looking for a cable to connect my iBasso DX90 to a Bottlehead Crack which has 2xRCA inputs. Would I be better of looking for a DAC with RCA outputs? I only see 3,5 to 3,5 mm inputs/outputs when looking. Is one type prefered over the other?

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 6
TRS and RCA really don't have any big potential for quality loss from one to the other, as long as the converter/adapter you pick is put together decently (e.g. channels don't drop out, channels aren't switched, it doesn't force everything into mono, etc). Recently I'd had luck with Steren-branded TRS to RCA cables - they're inexpensive, shielded, and I haven't had one come out of the box a dud yet. If you want to spend significantly more, AudioQuest makes TRS to RCA adapters, and Kimber may as well.

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 6
TRS and RCA really don't have any big potential for quality loss from one to the other, as long as the converter/adapter you pick is put together decently (e.g. channels don't drop out, channels aren't switched, it doesn't force everything into mono, etc). Recently I'd had luck with Steren-branded TRS to RCA cables - they're inexpensive, shielded, and I haven't had one come out of the box a dud yet. If you want to spend significantly more, AudioQuest makes TRS to RCA adapters, and Kimber may as well.

Thank you for the clarification. I will take a look at the different brands offerings.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 6
I know that AudioQuest has this kind of cable in their assortment:

evergreen_callout.jpg

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #6 of 6
If you budget is around $40USD+, I highly recommend the Amplifier Surgery custom cables. Have a look at their ebay stores you'll certainly able to find what you're looking for.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201018547569?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've recently purchased their 3.5mm to RCAs silver plated OFCs for my Koss ESP950 and it tremendously increased the level of transparency, detail and darkness of the background even further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back