3/31/12 CanFEST III Headphone Event-Charlotte, NC with Turntable and Vinyl Show
Jul 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #18 of 238
Hopefully my Dual mono opus and EHHA should be done by then, I'd be interested to see how they compare to other gear.

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #19 of 238
Right now I am fully occupied dealing with high priority issues. I have no space for head-fi meets. If and when my life gets back to normal I will then have the luxury of attending to hobbies.
Thanks for asking.

Jeff

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #24 of 238
Just recently moved to Durham, and I'm up for meeting local Head-Fiers. Can definitely bring gear, although I'm not sure what, yet.

However I suspect it's getting a little late to plan something for September, and a lot of the movers-and-shakers will probably have used up their meeting-upping free time at RMAF in October.

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #25 of 238
Danny

Is this going to happen?

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 238
There appears to be a fair amount of interest. To best set this up, a little time and careful planning is necessary, especially to allow us to include manufacturers and to get an appropriate hotel facility. So, I think it will happen but not until next year, hopefully in the early Spring as long as it does not interfere with any other significant audio/headphone events. When I have a final confirmation of a firm date, I will make sure all who have posted on this thread will receive personal notification of the event.
Thanks,
Danny

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #27 of 238
I saw your thread while reading through for meeting and planning ideas.

All of you guys are invited to Georgia on October 23 for the A-VCOA meeting.

Our meeting planning is ongoing at a good pace with a very nice meeting this Sunday, October 2.

Look for our postings. We're going to have a nice range of gear including some very high end stuff.

You're definitely invited and there is no pressure to bring your own gear unless you want to. If so, let us know your intention.

If you have some buddies just getting into the hobby, they will be welcome, too.

Y'all come!

Mike
AtlantasRealtor

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #29 of 238
Opinions sought: In our attempts to make CanFEST III a more meaningful experience a couple of ideas have been proposed that I wanted to pass along to see what others think about them. We are looking at having the event in the Spring of 2012.

1) Add turntables to the mix which would emphasize turntables as sources. We would anticipate having several manufacturers and dealers which would team up with some of the headphone amplifier and headphone manufacturers/dealers to use as sources so they can strut their stuff together. Of course digital sources will also be there but this would give attendees an opportunity to hear multiple turntables on headphone setups and all in one large room instead of multiple individual rooms when speakers are used.

2) A vinyl/CD show that will piggyback CanFEST. This part of the event would be in a separate room but would give attendees an opportunity to seek out vinyl and CDs while at CanFEST. We would anticipate about 20-25 vendors attending this part.

We welcome any other ideas. Please feel free to post here or PM me directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #30 of 238
I think that is an outstanding idea!

As a matter of fact I was talking to a couple gentlemen and the record show yesterday and told them about the meet. I think they are interested in dispalying some turntables and other stuff. I can PM you with the info tonight when I get home.

You could also contact Greg over at manifest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back