$3.10 DealExtreme Beats Tour's [REVIEW]
Mar 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mrlolftw

Head-Fier
About 4 months back, i ordered a pair of fake Beats from Dealextreme and for the price of $3.10, i couldnt help but order them and try them out. I was pleasently suprised! Here's a few pictures of them, then we'll get onto the review
   Thats a top down view.Close up of the EarbudThe Monster logo on the splitter (not the best paint job to be honest :/

The audio jack. It's gold plated! Impressive on such cheap phones!
Side profile of the earphones.

REVIEW

SOUND
Well, lets get started with the most important aspect. The sound! Truth be told, its awful. Without any EQ's, it sounds like your listening to music in a tunnel. HOWEVER! If you can turn up the treble on your MP3 player (on my rockboxxed Sansa Clip+ i can) you need to turn it up to the max, but when you do turn it up to the max, they start to sound not too bad. Infact, they sound about as good as my sisters REAL Dr.Dre iBeats (not the same headphones, but as close of a comparisin as i could get) All these have are they lack a bit of bass and thats about it.
Conclusion
Sound is a solid 1/10 with no adjustments, but a 5/10 with some treble boosts

COMFORT
Here's were the $3.10 Tours let me down. They're incredibly uncomftorble, but i dont think its the fact that theyre fakes fault. Real Tours are just as uncomftorble. They slide out your ears, look obscure, and the tips have absolutly no noise isolation whatsoever. But, since they are identical in design wise to real Tours, you cant really blame the discomfort on the fact that theyre fakes.

OTHER
Well, one super plus fact about these cheap cheap earphones is the fact that the cable literelly never tangles. You can scrunch it up hundreds of times, and it will never even tangle. A big bonus to the fakers in making them nontangable (is that a word? it is now.)
The jack is also gold plated, which is rare to see on such cheap phones

ROUNDUP
PROS-Decent sound quality when treble is increased
CONS-Awful sound quality with no adjustments, incredibly uncomfotrble

Are they worth $3.10? Ofcourse, if you can stand theyre uncomfort (i guess they'de be okay with some good tips, i just used the one pair they arrived with) and if your MP3 player can adjust treble.

WHERE TO BUY?
Well like i said, i ordered these about 4 months ago, and recently DealExtreme pulled all theyre fake beats off their website. So sadly, im not sure if you can buy these exact pairs anymore. However, there are still a few shops around that sell tours for roughly the same price. and example being
Eachgame.hk
Just type in headphones, and bingo, all the fakes you could want.

Thanks for reading my...Second review, and i hope you enjoyed it

mrlolftw

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 7
thats really nice of you to review a pair of fake beats tours, i dont think a lot of headfiers will be willing to do that. good job though i think you should describe the sound a little more. i own a pair of $10 dealextreme fake beats solo, i got it for fun. maybe ill try to do a noob review on those too. thanks for the review, and by the way what other fakes do you have? 

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 7
I bought a pair from ebay just before a listing was taken down with included carry case and tips months ago for a laugh. They sound terrible, however not the worst I've heard compared to other fake versions I've seen floating around like CX400's. The actual carry case is almost 100% the same in every way. SCARY the same as I've owned both fake / genuine tours in the past.

Here's a picture of it.

They sound pretty much what one would expect for $3.10, like a pair of headphones bought from a $2 shop. The closest I can describe their sound is like listening to music from the other side of a wooden door outside someones unit with muffled everything. You could live with it I guess but for those thinking purchasing fakes is close to what real tours offer think again, they sound NOTHING like them at all. By far worse in every way which isn't hard.

For cosmetic value from 20 paces you will trick the opposition, nothing more. Don't forget to flash your carry case around.
wink_face.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
thats really nice of you to review a pair of fake beats tours, i dont think a lot of headfiers will be willing to do that. good job though i think you should describe the sound a little more. i own a pair of $10 dealextreme fake beats solo, i got it for fun. maybe ill try to do a noob review on those too. thanks for the review, and by the way what other fakes do you have?

Well, i listened to them a bit more, and they sound like i said, without any adjustments, awful. literelly, like listening to music in a tunnel. However, when the treble is turned up to the max (+25 is what i turned it up too) they sound bassy, definetly, and also have a very alive character (its rather agressive) Theyve actually got fantastic sound quality considering the price, as im not sure what you could get for cheaper that would sound this nice. I reckon the sound quality rivals headphones 2-3 times its price (with the treble adjustment of course) its just that the comfort really make them unusable. And like i also said, listening to legit iBeats that cost $150, these literelly sound almost as good. The iBeats are alot more comfy ofcourse, and have a nicer cleaner bass, but other then that i cant really see a $147 difference. But like everyone says on Head-Fi, Beats are overpriced. And i agree! And other fakes that i own...well i ordered a pair of fake solos for 10$ of eBay, and will do a review on these when they arrive and thats about it. I dont like buying fakes, so when my SoundMagic PL30's arrive, ill have to do a review on these. Thanks for the comment by the way.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
id buy em just to use the chord on something else lol... impress the hipsters "yeah i had some beats and scrapped them for the chord " lol

Hipsters? Dont massive douchebags buy them and use them with their iPhone 4S all while posting things on their Alienware laptops? Beats are like the most mainstream thing ever. (sounding like a hipster there! :D)

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

Well, i listened to them a bit more, and they sound like i said, without any adjustments, awful. literelly, like listening to music in a tunnel. However, when the treble is turned up to the max (+25 is what i turned it up too) they sound bassy, definetly, and also have a very alive character (its rather agressive) Theyve actually got fantastic sound quality considering the price, as im not sure what you could get for cheaper that would sound this nice. I reckon the sound quality rivals headphones 2-3 times its price (with the treble adjustment of course) its just that the comfort really make them unusable. And like i also said, listening to legit iBeats that cost $150, these literelly sound almost as good. The iBeats are alot more comfy ofcourse, and have a nicer cleaner bass, but other then that i cant really see a $147 difference. But like everyone says on Head-Fi, Beats are overpriced. And i agree! And other fakes that i own...well i ordered a pair of fake solos for 10$ of eBay, and will do a review on these when they arrive and thats about it. I dont like buying fakes, so when my SoundMagic PL30's arrive, ill have to do a review on these. Thanks for the comment by the way.

ok thanks, i think i have a good idea of what it sounds like. and i also own the 10 dollars fake solos and i posted my impression on your other thread, see if when you receive it, you and i have the same impression of the headphone or not.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back