2x Oppo HA-1 Problems
May 1, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #16 of 22
I wasn't aware that there is update-able firmware in the HA-1. No mention of firmware or updating it in the manual (Revision V1.2), or if there is maybe it can only be updated by the factory?

I know their BRD players firmwares can be updated by the user.

May 2, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #18 of 22
Interesting, thanks.

May 2, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #20 of 22
I can't post the firmware on line I asked.. But the European Support if asked really nice...Might send you the really easy to use latest firmware exe file. 1.4.3 I never asked what it changes.....

If you scroll click to hi low gain you can see the version there..

No change to sound noticed IMO..
I haven't used the remote though. I'll check the APP..

Mar 11, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #22 of 22
I bought a used a Oppo HA-1 recently. The seller used all of the original packaging and did a fantastic job in the shipping department. Used gear is awesome - it's lets you stretch your fun budget for higher quality gear for low-dough. However, you have no warranty support and you're just going to have to suck up any repair costs if necessary.

That said, I have 2x issues with my Oppo HA-1 that are probably going to require factory service.

(1) Noisy potentiometer
When I turn the volume up/down on the HA-1 I can hear a faint, but audible noise/crackling in my headphones.
In the grand scope of things its a nuisance, but not something I was expecting from a Oppo.
Has anyone one else experienced this problem?

(2) Inconsistent Output On One Channel
It seems like the left channel on the amp takes a good 30 minutes to warm up. When I turn on the amp, the left channel plays but at a distinctly lower volume. 20/30 minutes into a listening session the left channel "wakes up" and the staging snaps to attention the way you would expect.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? I haven't read anything (yet) in this forum to that affect from other HA-1 owners.

Unlike the noisy potentiometer, I can't abide with this problem. I am going to have to send the amp in for service. I've reached to Oppo tech support and have begun a dialogue to get this problem resolved. I'm sure it won't be cheap.
Bro I got the exact same issue. Just sent the OPPO to get fixed today. Had to pay for out of warranty flat fee but that's not too bad. I just want my oppo to work properly.
Could not wait 30 mins every day for left channel to "wake up" lol.

Update: so the folks at OPPO did a fantastic job and replaced the bad potentiometer and sound board as well. Cleaned up the unit and sent it back. Could not be happier with the sound now. Great job OPPO. Maybe I’ll ask which potentiometer and replace it myself if it ever fails again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back