2stepdance with LCD-2??
Dec 11, 2012 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sludig

100+ Head-Fier
I´m waiting for a pair of Audeze LCD-2 and I have some questions about its amplification.
I need a portable amp to use it with other devices, so after read a lot of post I still don´t know if the meier 2stepdance can drive well the LCD-2.
Some peoples think so, but I have read about the power angry of this headphones.

Other amp that is been recomended is the O2, which I had. In this case, would be the O2 better than the 2stepdance for this?

Best regards.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I´m waiting for a pair of Audeze LCD-2 and I have some questions about its amplification.
I need a portable amp to use it with other devices, so after read a lot of post I still don´t know if the meier 2stepdance can drive well the LCD-2.
Some peoples think so, but I have read about the power angry of this headphones.

Other amp that is been recomended is the O2, which I had. In this case, would be the O2 better than the 2stepdance for this?

Best regards.

Impossible man. The LCD2 requires a very powerful amp. I don't think the portable amp can drive it well. 

PS: I have the Headstage arrow 4g / Glacier / O2 with me now but non of these can satisfy the needed power. Not sure on the 2SD but it will be same case imo

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 6
The Meier can drive the LCD-2 just fine.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Silly. It will be able to drive the LCD-2's, whether or not it sounds good is another thing. This always gets talked about "oh, my meh amp can't drive the
super hungry ortho variety", it's simply overblown. Save for the HE-6.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 6
I´m thinking about an iBasso PB2. I know a desktop amp is the best option, but I prefer a portable because of I need to use it in many places at home.
Maybe the stepdance sound better (I don´t know), but the iBasso has 2,5w to drive them and I heard they need power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back