2Pin Microphone cable recs for Massdrop Nuforce EDC
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DJRSP

Head-Fier
The supplied microphone 2pin cable for my Massdrop EDC has started to cut out and so I was searching for a replacement cable with a microphone button option that doesn't break the bank.

The original cable is .77mm and has a shroud to cover the connection point.
NuForce-EDC.jpg

The best source of potential I found so far was on Ali express but I don't know if I can trust the transaction process there.

Please hit me with some suggestions, I have't had too much success finding a aftermarket cable with a mic.

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 7
bump
any suggestions here?

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 7
Another bump
nobody uses 2 pin?

May 5, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 7
I bought the EDC and EDC3. The deal seamed good, came with 2 detachable cables, quality foam and silicone tips, I had heard positive things about nuForce and the quality of their products so I took the leap.... and landed on my face teeth first. The first EDC pair I got cracked open after a few days which Massdrop replaced quickly (paid extra to get EDC3 as replacement) and as a testament to how praised there earphones are, they told me I could keep the defective set and try to glue them back together. A little Gorilla Glue and voila. And they still work to this day which would make this a happy ending tale of struggle and adversity... if only the 2 cables that came with each pair weren’t made to self destroy after 2 weeks of use. No, I do not wrap my earphones around my DAP or disconnect them by yanking on the cable, I take really good care of my stuff. These cables are horrendously cheap, one is a simple 3.55mm terminated twisted stiff cable, the other is a basic straight rubbery cable with a remote/mic which right off the bat would skip or pause or play songs all on it's own,and I suspect they’re conspiring my demise with Siri since she pops up every now and then without being invited. I have to push the pins back into the earpiece to get audio. The mic is fine, yeaaah! All that would be forgiven it they, at least sounded half as good as dollar store Magnavox on ears but this is not one of those surprise ending reviews, sorry.
Wow thank you for letting me vent. I’ve been holding there feelings inside for too long. If anyone has a replacement cable to suggest, it would go a long way to get the most back from this disastrous transaction and ease the cut it left inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back