2nd hand phones warranty
May 7, 2007 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

needanamp

100+ Head-Fier
i bought super.fi pro 5's second hand from a headfier. however, they where brand new sealed from factory, albeit they where brought a long time ago (they are series 1, before thicker cable). If i find out when and where he purchased them, can i apply for however much warranty is left, out off the two years that they offer?

May 7, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 10
okay, but will they allow me to get whatever is left of the warranty form the date of purchase? i mean, there must be about 1 year left. Also, how would they know i was not the same person that brought it from that shop on that date? they wouldnt have the name of him, so they wouldnt know it was second hand technically?

would they even mind if i did not buy it form the shop?

May 7, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by needanamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay, but will they allow me to get whatever is left of the warranty form the date of purchase? i mean, there must be about 1 year left. Also, how would they know i was not the same person that brought it from that shop on that date? they wouldnt have the name of him, so they wouldnt know it was second hand technically?

would they even mind if i did not buy it form the shop?

first things first, read the warranty....

You'd be surprised what some companies require or do before they perform warranty work. Such as check the serial number to find out what merchant they were shipped to and when. Then contact that merchant to find out who they were sold to and when... Also some warranties require you provide proof of purchase or registered the product, bought from an authorized dealer etc... All before they do "free" warranty work.

Is there something wrong with them?
confused.gif

Again, read the warranty because that explains the terms and conditions applicable to that particular product.

May 8, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #10 of 10
oh sorry i was in lesson when i posted the last one, and the teacher came so i clicked post and changed site. What i mean is, i obviously dont want to claim on the cutting of the wire. i just want to register my product for warranty in case something does happen to them in the next year (or however long left i would from the original owners date of purchase).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back