2nd gen Shuffle static noise
May 4, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #136 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by aLii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I got my orange 2G Shuffle without reading any reviews, because I decided that it's what I wanted for exercise and easy syncing with my pre-existing iTunes library. Until just now I'd only been using it for that task, and no critical listening, but I thought I'd come here to check out what people thought of it.

This "hiss" problem seems to be pretty damn small on this model. I have to put the volume so low as to hardly be able to hear the song to notice it at all (using marshmallows). Using Grado SR80s it is completely inaudible - they are hardly high impedance!

If a song isn't playing, then using the marshmallows you can make out the slightest hiss. I checked my colour iPod 4G as a comparison, and the paused-mode hiss is indeed louder on the Shuffle. However, at a guess I'd say it's at (the very) least 10 times more quiet than general recording hiss.

Perhaps I just dropped lucky?

Either way when exercising I'll never hear it, ever.

True! I exercise with mine and it's great! The hiss is not as bad as some make it out to be...I would have never heard it if I read these forums!

May 4, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #137 of 140
I got a new shuffle 2 days ago and it has NO hiss that I can detect. I have Grado SR60, Senn HD-201 both sound very nice I actually prefer the Sennheisers so far.

Maybe its just the type of headphones or I got one that does not hiss not sure.

May 7, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #139 of 140
Bought an orange 2nd gen shuffle today. Hisses with stock buds slightly, hisses like a pissed of cat with my UM2s. Needless to say am not happy, as I like the player itself.

Will be returning it tomorrow to best buy
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #140 of 140
Slight hiss with new orange 2nd gen shuffle --> Shure SE310s. With "zippy" music playing I never notice it, but I can with music that has quiet sections. I am using it for exercizing, so no worries from me. I am going to remove the worst songs from my "shuffle pool" playlist.

The iTunes integration with the Shuffle is awesome, by the way. I have it set to autofill from a particular playlist, so I start by putting a few podcasts on and then autofill the rest of the space. Very flexible and easy. I used to have a Samsung small capacity player, but I hated creating special playlists for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back