Oct 27, 2015 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Koolpep

Headphoneus Supremus
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.670588)]
  1. [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.952941)]Friday, November 27, 2015

12:00 PM to 6:00 PM

CHANGE[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.952941)]DJ Corner - Al Quoz, Al Joud Centre

Close to ACE Hardware / Tom & Serge inside small shopping mall, Dubai (edit map)

[/color]
  3. https://goo.gl/maps/ngm99HivMWs
  4. it's been some time since our last meet up. A lot has happened. New headphones have been released, new amps, DACs and DAPs are available, vintage amps and vinyl has seen a resurgence. In short: time to meet-up!!

This time at a new location. The owner of DJ Corner will open his shop to host us which should give us roughly double the space we had last time.

Samma3a.com is again our main sponsor and will bring some crazy good gear to the event. Check out their online store, it's growing every time I visit, the service is great! Some of what they will show is not yet officially released, woot woot. 

Please bring your gear as much as you can carry, tables and chairs will be available as will be name tags, notepads and pencils to pen down your impressions. 

If you don't have any gear to bring, don't worry, there will be a lot to try out. But please bring whatever you have, if it's a $5 China made in-ear or a tube amp costing $5k - we want to hear it.

This is the time to try amps with your headphone. Ever wanted to try the AK240 with your Layla, or the HD650 with a Bottlehead Crack DIY amp? Or the Hifiman HE-1000 with a Woo Audio WA-5 Amp? Want to hear the ifi-Audio Retro?

So far we have the following brands showing their stuff:

Fiio, Hifiman, WOO-Audio, Grado, V-Moda, ifi-audio, Aurisonics, Westone, Master&Dynamics, Audeze, Oppo, Astell & Kern, RHA.

And hopefully countless exotic and mainstream gear from our community.

Please contact me if you have special requirements and please please bring your power extension cords as well, we can never have enough :wink:

Can't wait to see/hear you soon.

[/color]

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 3
Hey 

Just moved to Dubai like two months ago. Great to see something like this is organised every once and a while over here. I was directed here from reddit a few days ago. Was looking forward to my fist meet up to learn its on the same day as i'm brining my family to brunch since there coming to visit! Shame but family comes before headphones haha.

Hope to maybe catch the next one in the future. Currently rocking vibros with a C5D. Back home(Ireland) I had a HD650 and G109s but there sold.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hey 

Just moved to Dubai like two months ago. Great to see something like this is organised every once and a while over here. I was directed here from reddit a few days ago. Was looking forward to my fist meet up to learn its on the same day as i'm brining my family to brunch since there coming to visit!, shame but family comes before headphones haha.

Hope to maybe catch the next one in the future. Currently rocking vibros with a C5D. Back home(Ireland) I had a HD650 and G109s but there sold.

Welcome to Dubai!!

PM sent :wink:

This won't be the last meet up, but you will miss out on:

HE-1000 paired with a full specced Woo Audio WA5
Launch of the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless
First listen of the Hifiman HE-X and HE-400S
Aurisonics new Forte, Kicker, Eva, Harmony
Fiio X7 and EX1
...and lots of stuff I forgot...

and of course all the amazing things from Astell & Kern, Oppo, Audeze, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Westone, and many others.
You won't believe what kind of exotic and amazing gear some of our guys have - it's really great to explore this.

Cheers,
Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back