2nd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #166 of 178
I see there is supposed to be a Hifiman rep at the meet up tomorrow. If you, Briana I believe, see this post can you may be bring one of the hifiman travel cases? I'd like to pick one of those up!

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #167 of 178
FYI, there is free WiFi at the library. Another good reason to have the meet at a library.

See everyone tomorrow.

-Darin

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #168 of 178
What is the power outlet situation?

There are outlets along the walls/perimeter of the room, about every 6 ft or so.

But many people will be on tables in the middle of the room. I do not have reserved spots for everyone, it's first come first serve.

So I am asking everyone to bring and extension cord and power stip(s) enough for your own gear. 

To avoid too many extension cords, we can probably run one extension cord to each table and then share with your neighbors.

But better to have too many extension cords than not enough.

-Darin

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #169 of 178
Assuming that most the vendors take 1 6ft. table and the Head-Fi members each take half a table...

By my count we are almost full for table space since the library has 22 tables.

Wow, this year is going to be a bit bigger than last year. Cool!

If anyone wants to get there when they open at 10:00am, I could use help setting up all the tables. Also hopefully people will stay after to help put the tables away. :)

We have to be completely out of the room by 5:00pm.

-Darin

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #171 of 178
What's the situation with food again?
biggrin.gif

You're cooking for all of us right? Everyone can just place their orders on this thread and you can cook it. 
biggrin.gif

No! Don't do that...

I am providing food and drinks. But, we are having more people than I thought, so there may not be a lot of food.

We are having a gourmet lunch of Dominos and Subway (seriously). I also am bringing bottled water, some sodas, and some chips, etc.

If none of that suits you, there are some places to go eat a short drive away.

-Darin

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #173 of 178
  You're cooking for all of us right? Everyone can just place their orders on this thread and you can cook it. 
biggrin.gif

No! Don't do that...

I am providing food and drinks. But, we are having more people than I thought, so there may not be a lot of food.

We are having a gourmet lunch of Dominos and Subway (seriously). I also am bringing bottled water, some sodas, and some chips, etc.

If none of that suits you, there are some places to go eat a short drive away.

-Darin

Awesome, are we going to have a pitch in jar set up?

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #174 of 178
  I'll be there a little after 11:00. Can't get away from LA as soon as I hoped.

No problem. I will reserve a spot for you. Technically the meet isn't supposed to start til 11:00am anyway.

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #175 of 178

Awesome, are we going to have a pitch in jar set up?

Some of the vendors have been nice enough to help pay for the food/drinks, etc. Since I am not charging anyone to show their stuff, I think the vendors are happy to pitch in a nominal amount of money compared how much it usually costs for booth space, etc.

I am paying for some of it, but it's no big deal.

You can pitch in to the other Head-Fi members to help pay for their expensive gear! I think Purrin will have a collection jar near his setup. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #176 of 178
I'm bringing snacks and drinks (Trader Joe's stuff). The drinks will not be cold and I hope someone else brings cups. If need be we'll run to a nearby grocery store and get cups and ice.

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #178 of 178
Could someone bring a spare optical cable? I could bring a CD player to connect to the Gungnir and Mjolnir if people want to listen to their CDs. And I might bring the LCD-3's after all. I should be there close to 10. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back