2nd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Oct 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #76 of 178
  You mean your Krell? How are you connecting your HE-6's? Do you have a DIY box to use the speaker outputs? I always wondered why more people don't use speaker amps for headphones. I have some really nice mono block speaker amps.

Yup my Krell. I have a 4 pin XLR to banana plugs adapter. I have some resistors to increase the S/N and have more volume to play with.

Seems like you guys only use 2x 3pin XLRs so we might need an adapter to 4pin to get any action.

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #77 of 178
Hey I will be there! I live in college/SDSU area so making a trip to Coronado is easy :] I will be bringing my Schiit stack and modded DT880s
I can't wait to try out some Summit-fi equipment finally!!!
I will need a decent amount of space because I'm running a desktop rig though hopefully this can be accomodated

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #78 of 178
Man I have a concert to go to that day but I think I'll have to drop by this before I head up!

My gear:

- HD600 w/ custom Canare
- Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600ohm
- AKG K702

- Schiit Bifrost
- Bottlehead Crack
- HRT Music Streamer II
- JDS Labs O2

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #79 of 178
If all works out, I should have a Schiit Vali there for people to try out.

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #80 of 178
  If all works out, I should have a Schiit Vali there for people to try out.

That would be awesome!

How about bringing as many as you can carry so we can buy them from you. :wink:

I have not heard back from anyone at Schiit to see if anyone from the company is coming to the meet or not, but it sounds like between LFF and whatever Mr. Speakers brings, we should have a fair amount if Schiit to hear.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #81 of 178
Great news!!

I just got word from Brannan at Noble Audio that he will be bringing universal versions of their ENTIRE line for demo at the meet.

This is the first time anywhere, that I know of, that you can hear universal versions of their CIEM's including a universal version of the Kaiser 10's! That's 10 drivers per side...

So, if you are considering CIEM's, this will be a great chance to actually hear them before you buy.

Also, if you have a particular source you want to test, bring it. I believe Brannan will have at least an AK120 as a source.

Again, if you do plan on coming to the meet, please RSVP in this thread.

Thanks.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #82 of 178
Man, this is so tempting.  Went to CanJam over the weekend, and I haven't been to a meet other than that.  I could get a round-trip ticket DEN-SAN for $200, and I'm off those days.  I'm just not sure about taking leave right now.  I'd love to hear the Noble stuff, though.  I'll have to think about this (but not for very long).  I'd also have to find a place to stay and figure out transportation.

Oct 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #83 of 178
OK, I resolved my potential schedule conflict, so I'm good to go.

Will bring all or a subset of the following:

Lynx Hilo
Resonessence Concero/Head-Amp Gilmore Lite (possibly Concero HP if I have it by then)
Resonessence Herus (possibly driven by iPad via CCK)
iPod Touch/Fostex HP-P1

Sennheiser HD 800 (w/SE and balanced Cardas cables)
Fostex TH 600

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #84 of 178
  Add me to the list. Don't know what I will bring. I can bring my AGD M7. Always willing to help Alex out and he's loaned me his LAu-Abyss and LL/LL2 before. I could also ask Craig of Eddie Current too if he's got anything ready by then.

And someone PM me to remind me too. It's busy season for me at work so I tend to forget things.

Can you bring your Abyss headphones? (I  didn't know you owned a pair) I will have a Cavalli LAu to pair with them...Or we can try them with the Vali and compare to the LAu. 
biggrin.gif

-Darin

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #85 of 178

Lynx Hilo
Resonessence Concero/Head-Amp Gilmore Lite (possibly Concero HP if I have it by then)
iPod Touch/Fostex HP-P1

Fostex TH 600

That's great news!

I have updated the first post with your list of gear. Thanks!

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #86 of 178

Lynx Hilo
iPod Touch/Fostex HP-P1

Fostex TH 600

Sweet! I'm really interested in the HD800 and Fostex TH900 right now. From what I hear the TH600 is similar to the TH900, so I'd be very interested to try it out.

Does anyone have any requests from me other than the HD650's? If no one has a vested interest in the K550's or DT770-80's I think I'll bring the Pro 900's, since they have their own carry case.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #87 of 178
Glad to see that I might be able to audition a set of balanced HD-800's with my rig.
I have 3 pin XLR jacks.  Hope there's a set that'll fit.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #88 of 178
  Glad to see that I might be able to audition a set of balanced HD-800's with my rig.
I have 3 pin XLR jacks.  Hope there's a set that'll fit.

I will be bringing a pair of HD800's with a pair of balanced cables with two 3 pin XLR's (and a cable with a single ended 3.5mm jack)

I think someone else might be bringing balanced cables too.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #89 of 178
cool
I have an XLR to 1/4" socket adapter that will accommodate standard cans.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #90 of 178
  Can you bring your Abyss headphones? (I  didn't know you owned a pair) I will have a Cavalli LAu to pair with them...Or we can try them with the Vali and compare to the LAu. 
biggrin.gif

-Darin

Yes. LOL, I actually just ordered them. I should be getting them sometime next week, well in time for the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back