2nd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #31 of 178
  Any updates?

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this meet.

I'll be bring:  DAC, Krell KAV-400xi amp, and Hifiman HE-6.

The only problem is I will have no music source. I'm only visiting SD for the weekend so I'm not lugging my desktop with me too. Can someone kindly provide a laptop or something with music?

Glad to hear you can make it. I have my MacBook Pro available as a source. Is your DAC USB? Optical? I might also have an AK120 by then that could be used as a source, if your DAC has optical inputs.

Alternately, I have a very old Windows 7 laptop that could work too.

-Darin

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #32 of 178
My DAC can take every input. Just help me bring something with a lot of music and we will be okay.

I'll bring a flash drive with some of my own music as I think my taste will be quite different from most...

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #34 of 178
  Anyone planning to bring an HD800 or Audeze LCD 2/3?

-Mike

Yes, I will be bringing a pair of LCD-2 or 3's or both on behalf of Audio Revelation.

Last year there were a few pairs of HD800's, but so far no one has mentioned bringing a pair this year.

-Darin

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #35 of 178
I'm toying with the idea of bringing a turntable.  
However, finding a solid base where it won't get bumped probably won't happen.

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #36 of 178
Anyone planning to bring an HD800 or Audeze LCD 2/3?

-Mike

If I'm able to make it, I will definitely be bringing a pair of HD 800s. I normally run them single-ended, but I can bring a balanced Cardas cable (2x3-pin XLR) if needed.

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #37 of 178
If I'm able to make it, I will definitely be bringing a pair of HD 800s. I normally run them single-ended, but I can bring a balanced Cardas cable (2x3-pin XLR) if needed.

The amp I'm showing is single-ended (1/4" jack out) and I would love to hear your HD800 with it.

Speaking of cables, I may have an aftermarket cable for the HD800 with the 2x3-pin XLR's, but I don't have a balanced amp to use it with, so I'm thinking if some one wants to try it you could either

1. Hope someone else has a balanced amp
2. Use my XLR to TRS convertor (converts a balanced headphone cable to a single-ended 1/4" TRS plug) to run it from an unbalanced amp.

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #39 of 178
If you all want I could build an adaptor for you as I have a couple spare parts laying around. If I can't make it I can just ship it to one of you if needed.  

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #40 of 178
Request:

Can someone bring some nice balanced ICs? I've been trying to decide if IC could add improvements to my setup.

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #41 of 178
I ride the short white bus.
What does "IC" stand for?

Inter-connect?
My DAC is balanced XLR to my amp.
The cables are Mogami.

My LCD2's are also balanced XLR to my amp.

Will that help?

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #43 of 178
  I ride the short white bus.
What does "IC" stand for?

Inter-connect?
My DAC is balanced XLR to my amp.
The cables are Mogami.

My LCD2's are also balanced XLR to my amp.

Will that help?

I'm currently using some XLRs from BlueJeans, but I was hoping to demo some cables in the $300-500 range.

I'm hoping to attend this year and meet some local Head-Fiers, although my gear seems to be somewhat mid-fi or low-fi in comparison.

That's the point of meets! To try others' gear! It's a great opportunity as you may not ever at a store. Many go just to flaunt
wink_face.gif

Just treat all our stuff with respect and you are welcomed any time. I'm sure others here agree.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #45 of 178
I think I should be able to make this one. I have Sennheiser HD650's, Ultrasone Pro 900's, AKG K550's, Beyerdynamic DT770's, Westone 3's, and a first generation Fiio E12. Might be tough to bring them all, so if I can come, which ones would you guys want me to bring?

Also, I'd very much appreciate it if someone could bring the Senn HD800's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back