2nd Annual Head-Fi Holiday CD Gift Exchange
Dec 13, 2002 at 9:24 AM Post #61 of 72
Disco Stu wants disco mu-sic? Purple Valley kicks Otter Creek's ass any day, and remember, we're your rivals, but most Ephs don't even know where Midd is!

Anyway, no, I am not tanfenton as I am a good and proper (if Jewish) yankee. But the fact remains that I did e-mail Moo several weeks ago to confirm my interest in the exchange. If I can't participate, though, it's no big deal. I've already spent enough money on myself and others given my small budget.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2002 at 9:40 AM Post #62 of 72
Well I for one am more than willing to send you a cd if you need a partner, even if you didn't get into Middlebury....HA, just kidding, you probably did, if you applied. The schools are basically identical, though one is further north...
But as for the location comment, Middlebury is relatively isolated, but c'mon, Williamstown? I wouldn't want to get lost in the woods out there <cue Deliverance Music>.
But anyway, if you need a partner, I am willing.
Best,
Stu

Dec 13, 2002 at 10:52 AM Post #63 of 72
Middlebury is located much better in the sense that the town is far more alive (we just have one tiny street with a crappy expensive liquor store, two -- no wait, one closed down -- one crappy expensive bar, two art galleries, and a funeral home). The post office is on that street too. But we're only about three hours away from Boston and NYC, whereas Midd's much farther from both. And from what a great friend of mine who goes to Midd says, it seems that Midd is a real snooty school (hmm, I'd fit right in). And I love Otter Creek beer. Our local brand is just called "Beast," though I believe we import it from another part of the country.

I didn't apply to Midd because I was an ED at Williams. But I would have applied if I had gotten deferred, if only for the fact that the rep from Midd that came to our school was just gorgeous. She had more hotness in her pinky finger than all the upperclassman girls here combined.

Anyway, regarding the CD exchange, let's do it. It's a good idea, and we don't have to go through this slacker from CMU.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG

Anyway, regarding the CD exchange, let's do it. It's a good idea, and we don't have to go through this slacker from CMU.
wink.gif

Sounds good to me, I will shoot you an email a little later and we can figure it out.
As for location, you are pretty much correct....but it is only 3 hours to Boston (the way I drive) and 4.5 to NYC, yet 2.5 to Montreal, and that is like going to Europe...kinda...sorta....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back