2GB Black Sansa Clip = MELTED!
Jan 2, 2008 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tem

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah. Some of you might of remembered when I posted in that one Sansa Clip thread a picture of red/black Clip's I bought for me and the lady....well the unlikely just happend on New Year's Eve: I turn around (were in her room, shes on the bed trying to get her little 11 year old brother and his friends out) and we smell nail polish. Then I see my $100 Sony MDR-EX90LP's and MY Sansa Clip black 2GB DROWNED in ACETONE! I flipped the hell out.

To make a long story short: the volume button and the power button both melted, the case somehow came apart. But the unit still turned on! Ditched it and she offered to give me hers for a while and her EX71SLA's. But damn am I pissed. I am only 18 years old....I am about to get hired for a job (finally), and I cherish everything I have ya know. To alot of people on this forum, $100 headphones and a $50 dollar DAP might not seem alot....but it is when you can't afford another DAP+headphones because you don't got the money and when your own mother is having $$ issues herself. Didn't mean to rant but its just a message: value what you have.

What a great way to start off 2008!
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 8
Sorry to hear about your loss. I definitely know what you mean about being short on cash. Being appreciative of your stuff will pay pay off in the long run!

On a brighter note I couldn't help singing Frosty the snowman to your thread title (Black Sansa Clip . . MELTED!)

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 8
The title could suggest that the "melting" was somehow the player's fault ... just how did the player and earphones get exposed to the (highly flammable) acetone, anyway?

Sorry you lost a player -- even at the Sandisk's value price, that represents the loss of quality and the money spent for it.

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 8
Maybe you could find a damaged unit on eBay and place your good internals into it? Otherwise sorry to hear of the loss.

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 8
Idk man...all I know is this dumbass aka the lady left it open on the dresser and I think I knocked it over by accident without realizing because it was right behind me.....the unit was thrown out. I managed to get my Sony MDR-EX90LP's cleaned but it doesn't feel the same...like there good anymore even though they work fine. You tend to lose that sense of "their in good condition, they work fine" after they were soaked. Thankfully nothing got inside the drivers. On a lighter note: I just got hired for a job today so maybe a few paychecks later I will have a new DAP. Thanks everyone for your wise thoughts.
smily_headphones1.gif

And no pictures because 1) the DAP was thrown out on New Years Eve and the Sony's look good as new again....still come cleaning here and there but oh well. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back