2G touch skips with lossless - bug has been fixed with firmware 2.2.1
Nov 7, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #16 of 78
Yeah, I have skimmed over the latest (and long) thread about the new ipods SQ. The touch seems to be getting raves, but no one is mentioning the skipping- which kinda shocks me. Makes me wonder how many people are actually listening to the thing beyond a couple seconds of a song.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #17 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I have skimmed over the latest (and long) thread about the new ipods SQ. The touch seems to be getting raves, but no one is mentioning the skipping- which kinda shocks me. Makes me wonder how many people are actually listening to the thing beyond a couple seconds of a song.

It seems that only the 2G Touch suffers from this skipping problem to such an outrageous degree. My 4G Nano, which shares the same audio output circuitry as the Touch, pauses only once - and very briefly - after the first few minutes of listening to lossless audio.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 78
Yes, I understand that it is a problem for only the Touch. But most of that thread is talking about the touch- and no one seems to be mentioning the skipping. I just think its strange.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #19 of 78
My 2G Touch does skip but only rarely. I also have a 4G nano which skipped upon playing the very first track I listened to on it but has not done so since then. Wierd, but hasn't ruined my enjoyment of the product.

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #20 of 78
I went to an apple store yesterday and asked if they knew when the firmware update would be released to fix the lossless problem on the touch. The salesperson looked at me like I was an alien!

Nov 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 78
welcome to apple.

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #22 of 78
yeah seriously- i've had some bad exp. in the apple stores. Its almost like they think its trendy to treat you like garbage.

As far as the touch goes, I do think the skipping varies but its at least apparent a few times per album and can get as bad a couple times a song. This is with mine anyway.

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #24 of 78
If it's any consolation, Zunes have the same issue with WMA Lossless files.
wink.gif

I wonder who will fix it first...

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #25 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, so I just installed the 2.2 software update. Still skips playing lossless with the screen off! What!!!

I just installed 2.2 software. Upon carefully going over my apple lossless songs with screen off. Even though it still skips, but I say it is definitely a lot less than 2.1.1.

Man, I am really disappointed.

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #26 of 78
As others have mentioned, mine skips with the new software as well. Hoping this gets resolved ASAP.

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #27 of 78
I may just return it at this point for blatant false advertising. I mean we are probably half way to the next gen anyway. It is ridiculous that this was not fixed. I was listening to the new Smiths compilation at work this morning and every song skipped.

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #28 of 78
I d/led 2.2 a few minutes ago to my touch and so far so good. No skips yet in the last 10 minutes. (knock on wood)

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #30 of 78
bah .. it'll not be fixed by xmass - no way do i want to give one to my gf if it skips. Apple, Boohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back