253MPH Fastest Production Car in the World
Mar 22, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #16 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ferdinand Piech, the successful madman who initiated the Bugatti project insists that the entire Bugatti operation; the infrastructure, r&d and the production of Veyron costs less than what a top F1 team spends in a single year.

isn't what most top F1 team spend per year like $70 million US dollars? Considering that it takes $500 million to develop a new engine from stratch, it's actually not too bad if you spend under $70 to design an entire car.

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but I'll bring along my 700 hp custom Mercedes. Nothing that special, but fun nontheless.

can i uh... drive it for you?
580smile.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #19 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can i uh... drive it for you?
580smile.gif

First you have to be around my height and weight (5'9" and 162lbs.). These seats just don't leave much room for someone bigger b/c they were made for me:

IMG_2918.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #22 of 62
Is it me or did designers forget how to design a beautiful supercar after the McLaren F1?

Mar 22, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #23 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to threadjack, but does anyone know if it is true that the Saleen s7 produces enough downforce to drive upside down? I heard this in an interview with Saleen himself and I am hesitant to believe it.

you don't seem sorry..you go on to jack the thread quite noticably after the initial apology even??
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
haha, just kidding a bit ..no it is not true, and a better thread idea on its own maybe..

To the thread topic, it is nice vid, informative on the track history and geography etc..and the cars' design is somewhat duff VS other offerings in its class, at least for my taste

Mar 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they only had 5 miles of track so the top speed is actually higher. here in california we've got hundreds of miles of flat straight road with no speed limit.

I heard that the stereo system in that car costs over $30,000! That's way more than my entire car! But actually, F1 cars with the aerodynamics removed can do over 300MPH. And modified Supras can produce 900HP with the stock internals and weigh much less than the Veyron. And a Honda Fireblade motorcycle has faster quarter mile times than the Veyron.

F1 cars are designed so the engines only last a handful of races. But they are much much quicker than a veyron in anything but a top speed challange.

modified supras..well if you want to get into the tuner scene there are many other cars out there that can push the 1000hp envelope with enough money put into them. But its still not going to hit 250mph because of aerodynamics.

A superbike is indeed faster in short sprints and will probably take the veyron up until 150mph. They lose in handling and braking though. However if you have a need for speed, a suzuki hayabusa that costs 15 grand will get you past 200mph. On a bike that will feel like 500mph in a veyron!

Mar 22, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #25 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you don't seem sorry..you go on to jack the thread quite noticably after the initial apology even??
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
haha, just kidding a bit ..no it is not true, and a better thread idea on its own maybe..

To the thread topic, it is nice vid, informative on the track history and geography etc..and the cars' design is somewhat duff VS other offerings in its class, at least for my taste

Except there is no other offering in its "class".

What other £850,000 ($1.5 million) production car that has all the luxuries and does over 250mph. It looks like that has to do with aerodynamics and in an emergency, it has parachutes from the back to stop it.

Mar 22, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be hesitant to suggest that the car is all that reliable as a daily driver

if you can afford one of these are you actually worried about reliability
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #29 of 62
Quote:

I'd rather be in a car when I'm breaking the 200mph barrier.

i think i'd rather be in an airplane when breaking speeds upward of 300km/hr - feet up, some nice tunes thru some nice phones, beverage in hand....
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

First you have to be around my height and weight (5'9" and 162lbs.). These seats just don't leave much room for someone bigger b/c they were made for me:

IMG_2918.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg

*drool* hey that's exactly my height and weight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back