$2500-$3000 Headphones.....which would you get?
Jun 26, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #16 of 24
If you find the right discount,very rarely but amazing,i would choose qualia 010.
Otherwise,more reasonable,personaly i love the hd 820 ot fostex 909

Jun 26, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #17 of 24
If you find the right discount,very rarely but amazing,i would choose qualia 010.
Otherwise,more reasonable,personaly i love the hd 820 ot fostex 909
Geezzz seriously? That one was the OG face tweeter before HD800 inherited the title

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #19 of 24
If you do buy Utopia, make sure you understand repair cost and warranty in your country. Out of warranty driver replacement can cost you $2k.

TBH, op doesn’t need more headphones. Kind of a waste if using current electronics.
youre right.....with my current setup it'd be a little silly. But Im deciding to upgrade over the next year and generally i go headphones then amp then dac as far as order of purchase. It'll sort of just be a separate end of the line setup for me separate from my tinkering setup in a totally separate room

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #20 of 24
youre right.....with my current setup it'd be a little silly. But Im deciding to upgrade over the next year and generally i go headphones then amp then dac as far as order of purchase. It'll sort of just be a separate end of the line setup for me separate from my tinkering setup in a totally separate room
Makes sense. The new Auteur Classic is a very good generalist option. If you can give up on some sub bass and can EQ mid and treble a bit Utopia would be a more impressive listen than Auteur Classic due to it's better treble resolution that can render very convincing sonic space. LCD3 is a crapshoot given the unit to unit variability, but if you get a good copy they can do everything Utopia does but with deeper sub bass but giving up some visceral impact and just a hair behind in sonic space rendition. I would skip the entire HFM unless you like to torture yourself with EQ and/or amp synergy. DCA Stealth - I am speechless about that one in an eye rolling way.

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 24
Makes sense. The new Auteur Classic is a very good generalist option. If you can give up on some sub bass and can EQ mid and treble a bit Utopia would be a more impressive listen than Auteur Classic due to it's better treble resolution that can render very convincing sonic space. LCD3 is a crapshoot given the unit to unit variability, but if you get a good copy they can do everything Utopia does but with deeper sub bass but giving up some visceral impact and just a hair behind in sonic space rendition. I would skip the entire HFM unless you like to torture yourself with EQ and/or amp synergy. DCA Stealth - I am speechless about that one in an eye rolling way.

Is the Auteur that expensive? I was actually considering the Verite Open.....dont even get me started on DCA products. I'd rather listen to my porta pros than my Aeon RT closed

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #22 of 24
Is the Auteur that expensive? I was actually considering the Verite Open.....dont even get me started on DCA products. I'd rather listen to my porta pros than my Aeon RT closed
I think Auteur Classic is $1500.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #23 of 24
I thought it was just me. I listened to 3 different DCA headphones and while they were very resolving, it lacked musicality.

I think it just has too much carbon fiber, it seems to make things sound flat.

Jun 27, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #24 of 24
I thought it was just me. I listened to 3 different DCA headphones and while they were very resolving, it lacked musicality.

I think it just has too much carbon fiber, it seems to make things sound flat.
I agree. my Aeon RT closed are really weird.....like if you focus on a particular individual trait they're good but everything in combination they just sound.......lifeless and boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back