$250 for a CDP with DVD - Single play OK
May 14, 2002 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cashcards

New Head-Fier
Opinion time.

I am looking for a CD player for the home in the $225-250 range. I want it to play CD-R. (CD-RW isn't as important, but MP-3 would be nice.) I don't need SACD or HDCD unless of course it is in there anyway, as I don't jump on new technology until there is enough software to support it and I don't want one or two GREAT CD's to make all my hundreds of others sound bad.) Single play is fine. I want it to include a DVD player as I have a small space in which it is to go and a small TV to hook it up to. It doesn't need to be a fancy DVD. The main concentration is the CD player. I play mostly rock, with some blues, theatre and country.

I'll consider no DVD but I would prefer it to be in there.

What's the consensus???

Thanks in advance. I don't make moves now without consulting this group first.

Lenny...

May 15, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 7
I hear the Pioneer DV-440 is a pretty good buy. I'm not sure about the DAC on it, but I hear the transport mechanism is good. You can pick it up at Best Buy for around $180.

May 15, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm in the market for the same thing around the same price too!

But I prefer to buy retail, so just in case I don't like it I can return it or if it dies on me I still got the warranty and reciept.

so with that down any other suggestions?

May 16, 2002 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for some of the replys. There has to be more than this to choose from if I'm interested in this type of combo, which has a better CD player than DVD.

Keep the recommendations coming.

Lenny...

May 16, 2002 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 7
All (nearly all?) DVD players will play CD. I'm sure a good number will also play CD-R and RW. Just look for a DVD player in your price range, and see what else the unit will play. Once you have some ideas do a search for that particular unit on here, or other forum/review sites for opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back