~$250 budget for *SHORT* RCA interconnect
Dec 15, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$500 a meter?

Damn.

Nooo... $250 for a pair of 1M cables. Or, $250 for a pair of .5M cables.. Come on....
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hook into a vCap dock instead of straight to the line out. It needs a regular RCA.

And ALO didn't bundle RCA cables with it for the LISA III? I thought the vcap combo came with them.

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #20 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And ALO didn't bundle RCA cables with it for the LISA III? I thought the vcap combo came with them.

Nope, only a vampire wire iPod dock. I did see Kens setup with some awesome salt and pepper RCA interconnects, but those pictures were lost in the outage.

Dec 15, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Nope, only a vampire wire iPod dock. I did see Kens setup with some awesome salt and pepper RCA interconnects, but those pictures were lost in the outage.

Ask Ken to make you a custom IC. He will. I got a quote from him using the Vampire wire, and Jena Labs wire.

I'll be going with the Jena Labs wire in the future.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

I know some AMAZING DIYers here on head-fi that make amazing interconnects. However, since RCA is so experienced professionally, I want a taste of what the interconnects out there offer. I think I am going to jump on some of the Nordost Red Dawn for portability.

Portability? Huh?
confused.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Its supposed to sound good, I like that I can roll it up. I use the LISA III with my iMod and vCap dock transportable. I think I found some good deals on them too.

Can't you roll up a .5M IC anyways? When I bought my IC's they came rolled (in a circle) inside a very small (4"x2"x2").

I'll just let it go.. I don't understand..

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #26 of 43
Maybe I'm being naive here, but what is it about these cables that makes them worth more than the amp, player, or even headphones?

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm being naive here, but what is it about these cables that makes them worth more than the amp, player, or even headphones?

The the iMod is $500, amp is $500, the capacitor dock is $350, the headphones are $1200, and thats not including shipping, chargers, batteries, etc.

The $290 in interconnects are of a fitting ratio. I don't have to get the red dawn, I only want to try them. All the other cables I've seen I would have to get made. My second choice is the wyvernaudio AG-8.

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

The $290 in interconnects are of a fitting ratio.

Even though all of that is rather spendy, it doesn't mean you should pay ridiculous amounts for a cable. That's like saying if I pay for a 1000 USD dinner I should have 400 USD fork to eat it with because the fork improves transmission of the food from the plate to my mouth.

30 USD can get me a 6ft high quality cable from bluejeans, I highly doubt it would sound so extremely different from a 300 USD >1ft cable that it warrants it's price.

But this is all my opinion, tis your money to spend not mine.

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though all of that is rather spendy, it doesn't mean you should pay ridiculous amounts for a cable. That's like saying if I pay for a 1000 USD dinner I should have 400 USD fork to eat it with because the fork improves transmission of the food from the plate to my mouth.

30 USD can get me a 6ft high quality cable from bluejeans, I highly doubt it would sound so extremely different from a 300 USD >1ft cable that it warrants it's price.

But this is all my opinion, tis your money to spend not mine.

Maybe not, I'm not looking for an extreme difference. I would rather my cables just not be the weakest link.

Your analogy is also a little faulty. It would be more like paying for a $20 sauce on my $100 steak. The fork isn't an active component of the dinner.

Dec 16, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #30 of 43
A fork is something that moves the food from the plate to the mouth (Cable). A poorly designed fork will not hold the food properly and therefore drop food, which results in a lessened taste (Signal loss). It could even be made out of poor materials and inject some bad taste in to the food (bad shielding, etc).

A good fork will hold the food, and deliver it to the mouth with out error. Thing is though, a good fork does not cost 400 USD.

God I put to much thought in to that analogy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back