$25 Jlab J2! on amazon!
Jan 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

my.self

500+ Head-Fier
yea, this just cam in my email, im not sure if this is a good price nor is it really a sale for J2. all i know is that i hear about them now and then on this forum. i have no intention of buying them but, when i saw the original price and the sale price, it was a really big difference so if anyone is interested, i hope this really is a good deal and i dont look like a fool. i am doing this in my effort to try and help u guys in the forums out if ur looking for the J2. thats my only intention, just helping, not trying to act dumb.

well, here it is, i hope its actually a good deal.

Amazon.com Message

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 10
Yeah, it was this price since the beginning of launch I think. Amazon prices are always a lot lower than MSRP, it makes it more desirable when people see the huge price slash.

Theres a huge thread on these earphones already in this section.

Jan 4, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 10
What'll really make you feel dumb is until Dec. 15th last year, it was 2-for-1 @ $25.
wink.gif
Got 4 of them for $50 and gave them out as Christmas stocking stuffers.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 10
The mids are detailed, but it is a very mid forward presentation (recessed highs, recessed bass/not much bass extension in my ears). I also have the NuForce NE-7 which sounds much more neutral with great bass extension. Not perfect, but for $50 they far surpassed my expectations (after burn in).

I am planning on getting a Fiio E3 and seeing how the J2 sounds with that.

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mids are detailed, but it is a very mid forward presentation (recessed highs, recessed bass/not much bass extension in my ears). I also have the NuForce NE-7 which sounds much more neutral with great bass extension. Not perfect, but for $50 they far surpassed my expectations (after burn in).

I am planning on getting a Fiio E3 and seeing how the J2 sounds with that.

Yup, just bought a Fiio E5 and hopefully that + some burn in will make the J2's sound a lot better. Also just ordered some parts for a Cmoy amp i'm going to try and build.

Jan 4, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea, this just cam in my email, im not sure if this is a good price nor is it really a sale for J2. all i know is that i hear about them now and then on this forum. i have no intention of buying them but, when i saw the original price and the sale price, it was a really big difference so if anyone is interested, i hope this really is a good deal and i dont look like a fool. i am doing this in my effort to try and help u guys in the forums out if ur looking for the J2. thats my only intention, just helping, not trying to act dumb.

well, here it is, i hope its actually a good deal.

Amazon.com Message

I would say, they are no way near $25 earbuds

I had mine burn-in for more than 100 hours, a little improvement, but still not enough.

Even with their BOGO offer, I am not impressed

I would take $10 Creative EP630 (from Dell.com a few weeks back) over this one

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, just bought a Fiio E5 and hopefully that + some burn in will make the J2's sound a lot better. Also just ordered some parts for a Cmoy amp i'm going to try and build.

I am very interested to read how the Fiio changes the J2s (although if I remember correctly the E3 has a bigger bass boost than the E5, as they seem detailed with a good soundstage, just not a sound signature I really like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back