24bit sound player and gear advice
Oct 21, 2010 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Wiched

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I found that great website and i had to join
smily_headphones1.gif

Recently all I do is looking for good sound on my pc. I already have Yamaha MG10/2 mixer and Sure Beta 58A & Behringer XM8500 microphones (I'm a beatboxer and i play guitar so I need them to record and train and et.c =).
This week I bought M-audio Audiophile 2496 sound card and AKG K512 headphones and I'm pleased with them for now.

So my question are this:

1. What plugins & settings do you use for foobar when you play high quality music?

2. Is it better to use my headphones through my mixer or directly from the soundcard?

3. What other software, hardware do you suggest me to get to improve my sound?

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 6
1. Some people like to install ASIO drivers and the WASAPI dedicated audio output components. I use the Audioscrobbler component for my Last.FM account.
2. I would say soundcard.
3. As little post-processing enhancements, colouration as possible.

Hope this helps. =)

Oct 23, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Hello everyone, I found that great website and i had to join
smily_headphones1.gif

Recently all I do is looking for good sound on my pc. I already have Yamaha MG10/2 mixer and Sure Beta 58A & Behringer XM8500 microphones (I'm a beatboxer and i play guitar so I need them to record and train and et.c =).
This week I bought M-audio Audiophile 2496 sound card and AKG K512 headphones and I'm pleased with them for now.

So my question are this:

1. What plugins & settings do you use for foobar when you play high quality music?

2. Is it better to use my headphones through my mixer or directly from the soundcard?

3. What other software, hardware do you suggest me to get to improve my sound?

1. As the previous post mentioned ASIO, WASAPI and Kernal Streaming are popular while using Foobar2000, Winamp and some other music players.

2. After briefly looking at the product page of your sound card, I'd say you want to go through your mixer, but don't turn on any bass boost or the like and just get the clean signal from your PC. Use it as an AMP of sorts. Sound card > Mixer > Headphones

3. Nothing specific comes to mind. Mess with the equipment you have for now and enjoy it. If you read about a tweak you can do here n' there, give it a try and see what happens.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Ide say soundcard > amp > headphones as well.  The mixer might have a valuable volume knob though which is better than using digital volume control from within your player or windows.

Not so much for quality but nothing beats an analog on demand volume knob.  If it sounds horrible just get changing volume with your mouse or keyboard
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 6

ninjikiran said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ide say soundcard > amp > headphones as well.  The mixer might have a valuable volume knob though which is better than using digital volume control from within your player or windows.

Not so much for quality but nothing beats an analog on demand volume knob.  If it sounds horrible just get changing volume with your mouse or keyboard
wink.gif

It's very detailed, Thanks for your instruction!

Dec 11, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 6

ninjikiran said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif

It's very detailed, Thanks for your instruction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back